Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on sunday i washed the c and gave it a good polish and wax. my question is this

can i go ahead and apply another coat of polish then wax on top of what ive already done? the car lives in an underground car park so its not been anywhere since it was last done

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
No.

Allways wash it, before applying anything to the paint.

also, (depending what polish you are using) you dont need to polish/wax it everytime you wash :)

polish once every few months
wax every could of weeks (or apply a couple of layers, will last a few months then)

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No.

Allways wash it, before applying anything to the paint.

also, (depending what polish you are using) you dont need to polish/wax it everytime you wash :)

polish once every few months
wax every could of weeks (or apply a couple of layers, will last a few months then)
well it has been washed already, so it wouldnt do it any good to apply another coat of wax and polish on top of whats already done?

·
Registered
21,815 Posts
From what I understand on reading here and asking questions the best solution is to wash the car
about once a quarter clean the paintwork with a paint restorer if its bad and it will also remove all polishes and waxes
then polish
then couple of layers of wax
and lastly a sealant

·
Registered
90 Posts
If your car lives in an underground car park you don't need to polish her everytime you wanna put wax on, cos the polish removes the wax thats already there so kinda defeats the object. I'd say if you can apply a layer of wax every 24hours for 4 days. Wash inbetween incase there a dust particles. :)

This is the colly that SHENT is on about. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-476s-super-double-coat-wax-18fl-oz/prod_451.html

But if The car lives in an underground just a sealent might be plenty enough for you like FK1000P Leave it for 20mins to cure then buff off and apply the next layer you don't need to leave it cure before you apply the next layer.

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,52,toView_402.html << FK1000P a little bit goes along way trust me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Depends if it's left for too long, you hear people saying it's easy to take off and it's hard to take off. All depends on the person using it. You shouldn't be making more swirls taking wax off regardless of how difficult to get off. That is just using the wrong cloths to take it off with.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Well, i'v never had a problem with making more swirls, but i kow people who have.

Saying that, i'v used it once, didnt like it at all, hence why i use 845, my brother and a alot of people on here swear by the stuff...

:S

1 - 14 of 14 Posts