Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this place tonight, and glad of it having searched some of the boards. Looks like you guys are doing a good job, don't let me stop you!

For those who want to know I'm driving an early '03 C (pre-facelift) 1.0i 12v and I've not come up against many racers in C's but i have beaten a couple of 1.4B's (barely). I've not modded it yet, I'm trying to wait out the warranty and get the best for my money out of vauxhall before I get under the bonnet, but with 19 months left to wait, plan and save the pressure's mounting :lol: as I should be getting a PiperX Vector Kit next month, provided I get good results from a de-filter run planned for the next wet weekend we get.
I'm looking to leave the current lump in there and tune & tweak it to the hilt to see just how much HP & Torque you can squeeze out of 1 litre.
I'm still looking for advice with the best tuning options for the 3 cylinder engine though, so if anyone's got advice, experience or just ideas (without a transplant), post here for now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the fastest-finger-first is... Maniac! :wave:
Hi Scott, how do you like your micro machine? The super-slow start pisses me off :roll: but mine flies from about 30-80 with little problem :D . Got any engine mods and how did you get on with em?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re-read my post at the top and you'll realise i just thought there might be something wrong with your motor/driving! I rarely change below four and a half, usually leave it to 5, and the best part is i still get 100miles out of a tenner in petrol! :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
it wont last long if your shifting that high all the time its only a 1L. And im talking about the new ones not the Bs there slower.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The engines quoted max sustained revs is at 6250, now I know I'm far from treating it gentle taking it up to the 4500~5000 mark, but not expecting too much damage to the block too soon, First casualties I'd expect to see would be the clutch & brakes, it doesn't deliver enough pull low down to damage the driveshaft ends on take off. Anyone who'd like to educate me otherwise is welcome though, what would you expect to go wrong and why?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Rabbit said:
The engines quoted max sustained revs is at 6250, now I know I'm far from treating it gentle taking it up to the 4500~5000 mark, but not expecting too much damage to the block too soon, First casualties I'd expect to see would be the clutch & brakes, it doesn't deliver enough pull low down to damage the driveshaft ends on take off. Anyone who'd like to educate me otherwise is welcome though, what would you expect to go wrong and why?
Lisen to your engine it will be screaming!!!!!!
Thats telling you to change gear!it not a F1 car there not designed to rev that high all the time.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
hello mate and welcome :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.