Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. , Just bumped into this problem now.
I was driving on a very steep road with a lot of load and aldo 4 people in.
I was going slow of course but a strange grinding noise came from the front of the bumper and it smelled like the engine is dying or oil is burning.
I stopped immediately and opened the hood and ssw that the radiator ripped off the front bumper as seen in the photo. I liftet it sa it wouldn't touch it and it seemd to not make the noise anymore.
Checked the oil all good
Is this a serious problem?
I have the corsa c 1.2 petrol 2001 comfort and replaced the ac radiator to a 2005 1.4 one.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
501 Posts
With that photo you hardly see it, you lack the screw of the grill next to the symbol that goes on the brake, a torx 20, but you don't see much else in the photo

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
89 Posts
2000 to 2006 parts are good. But I would think of checking the suspension. Rear yeah they pretty weak when have a load in vehicle but front suspension is pretty good. Also trying to figure out how damaged the radiator. Lower part at front should have a metal lower cover and a plastic scuff plate. Usually damage these before getting anywhere near the radiator. But would definitely have a look at your suspension.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The screw is undone by me to lift the bumper so it doesn't grind it no more.
Would the extra weight factor in the bumper lowering and touching the radiator or maybe it isn't placed right ?

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
89 Posts
I’ve had 5 adults and a boot full of stuff and other stuff with front driver. Back was a bit bumpy but front was fine. Even with speed bumps. Never catches at front. Mine has all cover on front even the rubber trim. Never scuffed it. And we have some big speed bumps on our street. Also screw should be a plastic push pin large one. With the plastic pin you push in to lock push pin in with. Weak shocks or springs would drop when you have a load. Good set should keep it at a loaded level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts