Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the silver frame of my radio can pop off cleanly without breaking, so I can paint and re-attach it?

Unfortunately, I can't take out the radio unit to investigate it :( The mechanism inside (with DIN removal tools) is worn out. I went to 3 separate car shops this morning and none of them were able to pull it out for me using the removal tools I bought. I've also been trying for an hour myself.

Maybe someone has a golden tip to remove the radio after all, or to just pull off the silver frame? I don't know if the frame is glued, or held on with clips.

I couldn't find a good photo of the backside of the frame, this is all I managed:

Does anyone have advice?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
If you do get the unit out, you might find this information helpful

but first, you need to get it out. I assume you and the car shops know that the grips, once inserted, need pulling in opposite directions (left further to the left, right further to the right). It should be as simple as this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@ozsubrosa Thanks a lot for your information, it is exactly what I need to know :)

There's more good news... I finally got the entire unit out. Holy wow, did it cause much frustration.

Since I had already taken the ventilation shroud off (above the radio) and also the plastic frame around the A/C controls (beneath radio), it gave me better access in general.

With a flathead screwdriver, I pried in between the radio front cover and the dashboard to allow for a little more room. I did this from above, and below.

Then I forced some long screwdrivers through the gaps, and (from above/below) pushed in the bronze clips that held in the entire unit. I used a flashlight to see what was happening inside.

Then I pried the sides of the radio, and shoved it out.

In case someone reads this in the future... Good luck.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,360 Posts
Try taking the glovebox out & someone push it out from the back & one pull from the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts