Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

if anyone could help in any way it would be very much appreciated

I have a corsa 14 plate with a cd30 mp3 radio everything was working fine when all of a sudden the radio wouldn't work when the car is on, all the buttons on the panel work when the car is off but not when the car is on.

again any help really appreciated.

Many thanks
Blayn

·
Registered
2,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hello Blayn, a 14 plate won't be a Corsa C, which stopped in 2006, but the CD30 is pretty well known here (not by me, though). Liviu2004, in particular, is a member who knows how everything electrical in any Vauxhall/Opel does its thing and hopefully he might see this and give you some useful pointers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Blayn, a 14 plate won't be a Corsa C, which stopped in 2006, but the CD30 is pretty well known here (not by me, though). Liviu2004, in particular, is a member who knows how everything electrical in any Vauxhall/Opel does its thing and hopefully he might see this and give you some useful pointers.
Thank you for your help i will msg Liviu2004 now fingers crossed they might know the answer

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Well, I've seen your topic long time ago but I can't turn my head around this issue. As the radio has only one supply wire and it goes on and off by the display command through canbus.
Question, has the car been modified in any way and what's been done?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I've seen your topic long time ago but I can't turn my head around this issue. As the radio has only one supply wire and it goes on and off by the display command through canbus.
Question, has the car been modified in any way and what's been done?
Hello Liviu2004,

no mods have been done on the car, iv had the car for two years with the radio working fine then one day out the blue it stopped.
could it be a battery issue?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I doubt it, as a battery issue would first affect ABS, ECM, airbags, power steering and lots of other things. I'm afraid I don't know the answer without seeing the car and afraid that won't happen. For the fun of it, can you make a movie about it, with the car off turning the radio on and with the car on same. And also in the same frame being the radio display.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt it, as a battery issue would first affect ABS, ECM, airbags, power steering and lots of other things. I'm afraid I don't know the answer without seeing the car and afraid that won't happen. For the fun of it, can you make a movie about it, with the car off turning the radio on and with the car on same. And also in the same frame being the radio display.
ah okay, yeah sure can I post the video in here?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts