Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve recently acquired a 2005 Breeze 1.2 twin port. Everything is working as it should except from the radio (Cd30). It won’t turn off after ignition has been turned off and key out.
So far I have tried changing the fuse in the box and the fuse on the back of the radio, nothing.
I have adjusted the IGN Logic setting to ‘on’ which I believe is correct to give it corresponding power when the ignition is on or off.
I’ve also tried disconnecting and re connecting the battery with no result and I’ve tried just seeing if it’s taking longer than usual to turn of but it just runs the battery flat.
The dash lights and dome light turn off properly, it’s just the radio.
If it’s worth anything, I was told the previous owner attempted to jump start the car with the + & - leads mistakenly the wrong way round.
They said subsequently the car would run the battery flat.
However, the alternator is working properly and the battery holds charge correctly as well and there are no blown fuses either.
Sorry for the ramble just wanted to give as much context as possible,

Please help me if you can!
Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
One is a constant live and the other is ignition live, I've had this a few times with VX, swapped the wires and voila!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks trying it now, any clues on how to actually remove the wires from the plug?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks trying it now, any clues on how to actually remove the wires from the plug?
A Really small flat blade screwdriver.

Personally I just cut the wires and crossed them over with a bit of multi plug lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you have a multimeter find the constant live and the switched live, those are the 2 you need to swap, my van is over at my Grans, so I can't even nip out to check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I can tell, I only have one live, but I do have the other pin in the plug for ignition based power so I put it in there but to no avail, still did nothing. I moved BAT to CE +
Rectangle Product Font Line Parallel
Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi is there any way to test this, when I take the key out I can hear an audible click inside the barrel and I would’ve thought this is signifying that the key is in fact out

·
Registered
201 Posts
Take the key barrel out.
Remove the ignition switch from the back of the barrel housing and operate it manually with a screwdriver 🪛 and see if it still misbehaves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts