Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know when u fit an induction kit to the corsa that you actually get any real power out of it.?

i know it sound like u do but i dont reely know if i did?

if not reely then am gona change back to the old one and just drill ma box in and get better panel filter!

S

·
0 Posts
Depends on what size engine you have got, but on a smaller engine e.g. 1.2 16v SXi you aren't really going to get much of an increase you just get a better sounding car really.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm supose! man 1.2 sux, should of waited to get 1.4 or sumthing....spent ages looking for lighter flywheels on the net for corsa but they dont even put '1.2.' and 'flywheels' together lol

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i've heard quite the opposite bout corsa c's......

U dont gain any power at all with an induction kit...u may actually loose sum.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
scottb said:

mine was crap with a induction kit fuel was crap,performance was terrible i wouldn't have one again

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
paul sxi said:
scottb said:

mine was crap with a induction kit fuel was crap,performance was terrible i wouldn't have one again
Exactly mate!

Ur actually better just getting a panel filter and re-routing the airfeed to the airbox. That way will give the car better breathing qithout really losing performance / fuel consump.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
to tell the truth i aint even gonna touch the airbox now just gonna get a nice exhaust aint really worth trying to tune a 1.2

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
paul sxi said:
to tell the truth i aint even gonna touch the airbox now just gonna get a nice exhaust aint really worth trying to tune a 1.2
Exactly! urnot gonna get any power gains out the car at all!

Theres sum wee dafty on another site thats spent over 2 grand to get his corsa c sxi to 109 bhp... Well so he says, cos the week before that he told me he had a 2ltr LET in his car :lol:

If ur gonan get an exhuast , then get a custom backbox. They sound damn good and also saves u paying for a full system etc.

D

·
0 Posts
1.2 will always be slow - save up and get a 2ltr droped in, in a couple of years :thumbs:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I put a viper kit on mine but just made the car run funny and made it stall a lot. :(
Now i've got just a normal pipercross induction kit, it runs perfect, sound a bit better but has made no real difference to power or fuel consumption. This is on a 1.4 engine.

·
Registered
71 Posts
power

**** me, aint 110 mph fast enuf for ya.we all know the 16 valve 1.2 sxi will piss 70 and thats the limit, who wants to drive like schumacker anyway,,,all that happens is you eventually lose your license ,,then your lovely corsa youve spent all that money on is either parked up/garaged or sold..anyway the best speed is cruising at 10/20 mph so everyone can check out that car that youve put all your time and money into,,
i love my car and i aint gonna ruin it by thrashing that sweet little engine just for the sake of trying to make out its a rocket,, it aint,, none of us owns wot cud be really called a fast car,,just nice cars,,get real and grow up,,your corsa will thank you for it when that engine and those brakes and steering assembly and still going strong in 5 years time
when you see some **** thrashing his motor in a thirty dont you think wot a ****,,,well thats you mate when you thrash your 1.0/1.2/1.4/1.8
**they aint porsches .....theyre corsas **

·
Registered
114 Posts
i took my bfo ind kit off at the weekend for my service. i've noticed straight away the car isnt as responsive and feels slightly more sluggish. i already miss the deep roar and burble at low revs lol

as said above, you wont really gain any power from them. just get your airbox drilled and a nice panel filter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts