Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people!!!

Right i wanna change the rear speakers in my corsa!!

Wot size are they??

I want to take the old ones out and put new ones in its place?

I don't really wanna install 6x9's on my parcel shelf, to many thieving people round here!!

My mate had 6x9s on his parcel shelf and they smashed his rear window and stole the parcel shelf.

So really i'd like to know the size of the standard rear speaker?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Cheers

Tipper

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Take the existing ones out and measure them ?

Or was that too obvious.

Also once you got em out, you'll have more incentive to replace em. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Right been out to the outhouse and measured the same sony ones that I took out of the front and they are 13cm, you have to be careful how deep they are also because the rub on the inner trim pannel the depth i have just measured is 5cm and if i remember right they only just fit in.
hope this helps

·
Registered
453 Posts
Oh yeah just so you know I am talking about the rear one's its just that I had the same front and back before I got 6x9s and components the other 2 sony's are still in the back because it's an arse to get them back out.

S

·
0 Posts
How about a stealth parcel shelf with 6x9's its gonna sound alot better than the small ones in the rear. My 6x9's are covered up so you cant see them, just looks standard from outside so no one would break in to nick them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking into getting a stealth shelf.

Can u tell me why most people don't like 6x9s??

I've always thought they were ok, but when u ask some people about what rear
speakers to put in they hate 6x9s?

Is it just a preference thing??

S

·
0 Posts
There a good all round speaker but if you want really good SQ from your system you need you really want to run a nice set of subs with just some normal components to get the best sound. But I've got 6x9's and just put my HU's filter to not send much bass to them so just get highs from 6x9s and all bass goes to sub in boot which sounds fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok then cool.

Can anyone recommend any good 6x9s??

I've heard the JBL 6x9s they sound good!

I want to just run front comps and 6x9s for the time being!!

that would be ok wouldn't it, the sound would be alrite

S

·
0 Posts
yer I had new fronts and 6x9s in rear for a while which sounds loads better than standard!

I've JL Audio stuff up front and Infinity 6x9s both sound good. I've not heard any JBL stuff myself but think its meant to be good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Removing Rear Corsa Speakers

Hello all,

i just turned 18 and bought my first car, a 2001 corsa c sxi.
I read that the rear speakers were a total pain to get out and may as well just cut them and put 6X9s in etc etc etc.

Anyways i am a complete noob with cars....i work in an office and study at college, i have never had to do anything to a car ever.

I bought a haynes guide but they make stuff seem right difficult when it really isnt.

I set myself the task of removing the old rear speakers as one was vibrating.

Ste by Step guide

1) Pull the white trim around the top of the interior in the boot (clip/s may or may not snap)
2) Remove all the screws including the metal bar that holds the seats in place and also the seat belt bolt
3) Then the side comes loose, and there is enough leeway to get in unscrew the old speakers and remove them.

As i said complete noob!!!

Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts