Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

rear speakers with sub?

866 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  johnny 5 
#1 ·
i have just put my sub in,and wow is it bassy! makes my mirrors rattle when turned up,as well as other random things in my car! :lol: anyway,i previously had 6x9s in before i got my sub and now think they sounds pants with my sub in. i have reduced all the bass coming from my speakers and turned the treble and mid-range up. But when u turn my stereo up,yeah it sounds heavy,but i cant really hear my 6x9's. i am disappointed and wonna replace em with coaxials or components maybe?

i got JBL components up front which are loud enuff,but without any speakers at the back it dont sound as good(i tried this by fading all the sound to the front). maybe i should amp my 6x9's coz they 100watt rms, but i dont think they will produce good enuff sound quality.

anyone have a setup with sub n boot and coaxials/components in the back,as well as components up front?? Basically,the bass is cutting out all sound from the back and i cant hear much of it,was wondering whether different speakers make a difference. :?

#2 ·
That's how you want it really. For best sounds quality you want a sub amped up in boot, and some decent comps amped up in front. Everyone says not to put 6x9's in rear as you say.

I got some coaxials on my parcel shelf with my bass in boot and you cant here them in front, but when you sit in back you can defo hear them.

#3 ·
i dont think there is anything wrong with 6x9s in the back. was just wondering whether speakers that produce better sound quality made a differnce in the back. if i buy some coaxials of better quality and stick em in the back,its pointless if i cant hear em. thats all im saying.

u can hear the 6x9s,and im sure they are loud when sittin in the back,as they were b4 i put my sub in! just that i may need to fade the sound to the back more,which may make more of a diff?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.