Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. just need some help with my rear spekers. ive just got 2 pairs of 6x9s 4 the rear parcel shelf
and just wondered how i remove the old wires from the standard speakers, and put them in the new 1s??? should i remove the old spekers or just leave um in unconnected?? thanks for any help
Tom

·
Registered
112 Posts
just disconnect them, but the wires r really short so ur gonna have to cut the wires and connect them up to the wires that came with ur 6x9's then hook em up to ur 6x9's

·
Registered
453 Posts
Or use vauxhall speaker wire adaptor's so that it makes a neat job and does not cut the original wiring then if you need to use the old speakers you can (I do this when I need to take out the parcel shelf out to get stuff in the boot but stll want to listen to music) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just left the old speakers, just unpluged them and wired the new speakers straight from there. tricky job if ya dont take the rear panels off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
on my first sxi i cut them but the one on the drivers side is way way way to short. What i have done on my new corsa is buy the auto leads adaptors, but you need to use loads of tape on them because they come loose dead easily ...... :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
how do get the rear panels off corsadaz??? i tried gettin mine off,but couldnt work out how? I wanted to take my old crappy standard 'bass flapping' :lol: rear speakers out, just to remove the excess weight from my car, not that will make much difference! But why have the excess weight when it aint required?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
think ya gotta take ya back seats out, to get to all the screws for the panels, i aint done mine, i just wired my 6x9s thorught the hole ont he passenger side, juts unplugged the speakers, and wired mine up to there.fiddly job,

·
Registered
379 Posts
yeah,same with mine. Just threaded wire through the flaps along the side of the panels.

Just that if the speakers are not bein used might aswell take em out,u get what im sayin? at the end of the day,if u took out all the crap that wasnt being used,im sure a few kg would be lost in weight??

Anyway,sounds fiddley to remove em,may give it a go on a sunny day! :lol: 8)

·
Registered
453 Posts
it is a pain in the ass job to get to them I swaped mine for some 13cm sony's and you more or less have to take all of the inner trim out of the back end to get to them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts