Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a ongoing issue with my rear washers which is really rattling my brains. Originally I had an issue where the rear washers were inoperative. The steps I have already taken are as follows
Checked for blockages at jet ends - none
Replaced washer pump - no joy
Fuses checked - ok
Relays.. This is where I'm a little bit stuck. I decided to get to the bcm box and switch the front washer relay with the rear washer relay and tested the washers to find that my rear washers were working but obviously the fronts weren't. So I put it down to a faulty relay. Since then, I've tried TWO new relays in place of the old rear relay and nothing changed?
I'm so confused
Cheers
Dean

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I’m not sure at this point how you can solve this. Could be water damaged connections. Either get it to someone which has knowledge and tools or buy a test lamp then we speak.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get a power probe and learn how to use it, much better than a test lamp, I'm never without mine when out in my classic minis

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not sure at this point how you can solve this. Could be water damaged connections. Either get it to someone which has knowledge and tools or buy a test lamp then we speak.
I have a test lamp ordered. Will be in touch when it's here.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get a power probe and learn how to use it, much better than a test lamp, I'm never without mine when out in my classic minis
Yeah I've got a power probe ordered aswell as a test lamp I have a few other problems to tackle too unfortunately 🤣

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Good buy. I'm myself not fan of a power probe, as it cannot properly load a circuit. Test lamp is the tool to go. All right, give a sign when the lamp is received, I will prepare the diagrams and we speak how to measure stuff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, that's much appreciated. Electrical issues really aren't my strong point. Will give you a shout when I'm ready to go 👍

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'll be following this thread with interest. My Combo Tour's rear wash/wipes not working (my garage checked for the obvious suspects and I even replaced the stalk) so your insight will be valuable, Liviu.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
All right, got few minutes spare. So let's start from the scenario that the front washers don't work. I will assume your car is 2005 born, probably there's no difference in the years.

We will focus on K70. Contact in OFF position, keys out.

K70.png relay socket.png

Pull the relay out. Connect test lamp to battery negative. Touch other side to battery positive and confirm your test lamp works.
Confirm terminals 86(3) and 87(4) looking at the relay configuration, touch these terminals in the socket and confirm test lamp burns. If yes, both fuses F3 and F15 are confirmed ok.

Next, connect your test lamp to battery positive, touch other side to battery negative and confirm your test lamp works.
Confirm terminal 87A(2) of the relay socket, touch this terminal in the socket and confirm test lamp burns. If yes, this proves terminal 87A is grounded as per diagram.

Next, keeping same configuration, insert relay back into the socket, remove plug of the pump, look at the wiring color. Touch with test lamp the pin corresponding with wire black/grey, test lamp should illuminate. This proves relay normally closed contact 87A(2)/30(5) is in good condition.

Next, move your test lamp to battery negative and test to battery positive. Always test the lamp. Remove relay. Contact on, ask a friend to pull the lever for the front washers. Touch test lamp to relay socket terminal 85(1), test lamp should burn. This would indicate good command from BCM towards the relay.

Report back each step.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts