Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
got some redex petrol treatment and on the back it says about intensive carburettor treatment. it reads:

'Remove air filter and start engine, adjusting idling speed to fast tick over. Pour 1/4 bottle slowly through the carburettor air intake to remove carbon deposits from carburettor sides and inlet valves. Replace air filter and re-adjust carburettor to normal idling speed then rev up engine to expel suprlus Redex'.

Firstly, how to i adjust the idling speed to fast tick over. Secondly, where exaxtly do i pour the Redex?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
:slap:

unless you got a car from the 80's you aint got a carb.

pour it in your fuel tank.

·
Registered
14,435 Posts
no he's definitely got a carb cleaner if it's telling him to open and close the valve...

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
^w*nk stuff tbh, better off running 99octane and using wynn's throttlebody/intake cleaner + keep the fuel filter changed.

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
thats the only one i can find online with "carb cleaner"

maybe he found a really old bottle :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
^w*nk stuff tbh, better off running 99octane and using wynn's throttlebody/intake cleaner + keep the fuel filter changed.
I'd go with what he's saying tbh

Clean my throttle body regularly and makes the engine rum smoother.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
im a bit late with this but the old man just bought some redex from wilkos and on the label it says "REDEX FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER / PETROL" and on the back it states to Pour 1/4 of the bottle in to a full (50l) tank of petrol. It also says that it can be used in the Carburettor. tbh i was going to try this in the fuel system to see what its like. i change the fuel filter every year along with the oil filter. i change the oil regular and clean the air filter on a regular basis so prob wouldn't do me much good. i think im going to clean the throttle body this weekend too. got a R/R day coming up and want the engine all nice and smooth.

·
Premium Member
28,928 Posts
im a bit late with this but the old man just bought some redex from wilkos and on the label it says "REDEX FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER / PETROL" and on the back it states to Pour 1/4 of the bottle in to a full (50l) tank of petrol. It also says that it can be used in the Carburettor. tbh i was going to try this in the fuel system to see what its like. i change the fuel filter every year along with the oil filter. i change the oil regular and clean the air filter on a regular basis so prob wouldn't do me much good. i think im going to clean the throttle body this weekend too. got a R/R day coming up and want the engine all nice and smooth.

jsut clean the TB mate and stick and run a tank of optimax through it. the addatives and cleaning agents in the optimax do the same thing as the redex addative :yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts