Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was removing my bumper strips, all was goin well. it was a warm day and the srips were peeling off well. i did the passenger side well. got all the sticky stuff of. used t-cut to get rid off the black lines. it looked good. i started the driver side and as i was peeling off the strip on the body of the car(the bit not on the door) and it startted to peel off chunks of paint. right down to the bare metal!!. i quickly stuck it back on. does anyone have any idears how to overcome this. or how easy is it to paint the bumper stips and how dod u do it?
thanks all

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
sounds like u overheated it, which causes the paint to peel, were you using a hairdryer or a heat gun? i dont know much about paint, but that sounds like it could be expensive and you may need a respray

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
i was removing my bumper strips, all was goin well. it was a warm day and the srips were peeling off well. i did the passenger side well. got all the sticky stuff of. used t-cut to get rid off the black lines. it looked good. i started the driver side and as i was peeling off the strip on the body of the car(the bit not on the door) and it startted to peel off chunks of paint. right down to the bare metal!!. i quickly stuck it back on. does anyone have any idears how to overcome this. or how easy is it to paint the bumper stips and how dod u do it?
thanks all
mine did this to if u want them off which i do im getting the body shop to take it off and then prime and repaint the pannal...only way around it m8...:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i didnt use a hairdryer or heat gun at all. it jsut started to peel off bits of the paint...??!!

does anyone know how to paint the bumper strips the same colour?

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
i had to areldite mine back to my car :( SO I M GOIN TO HAV TO GET THE PANEL SPRAYED :( TUT!!

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
no i didnt use a hairdryer or heat gun at all. it jsut started to peel off bits of the paint...??!!

does anyone know how to paint the bumper strips the same colour?
so you just pulled them off :? and if you want them the same colour.....sand,primer, paint and then lacquer i think.

so wat the best way to do it with out gettin the paint coimin off. ???
heat slowly with hairdryer and use a credit card and prise away from the car, don't go ott with the hairdryer or you'll cause damage and probably melt the credit card

:thumbs:

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
yea but i use cold water when washin my car, ah a joke. lol!! is there any prob i need to watch out for?
leaving the glue behind is common but can be removing using tar remover.

dull paintwork behind - polish it and you should be ok

lacquer marks around the edge of the strip - bodyshop would be best for this unless you know what your doing

and as the guy up there ^^^^ mentioned about ripping paint off, although if the glue has been melted enough you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
leaving the glue behind is common but can be removing using tar remover.

dull paintwork behind - polish it and you should be ok

lacquer marks around the edge of the strip - bodyshop would be best for this unless you know what your doing

and as the guy up there ^^^^ mentioned about ripping paint off, although if the glue has been melted enough you shouldn't have any problems.
Cheers mate

wat do u mean by, "lacquer marks around the edge of the strip"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts