Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally managed to change my gear knob, it was a pain in the a*se lol, It was quite challenging and i wouldnt do it again, I bought an sxi gear knob for it from ebay, I then found out it doesnt bloody fit!!! I modded it a bit and now it fits, The lift reverse now works as well, I think it looks ok, Comments?

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
I finally managed to change my gear knob, it was a pain in the a*se lol, It was quite challenging and i wouldnt do it again, I bought an sxi gear knob for it from ebay, I then found out it doesnt bloody fit!!! I modded it a bit and now it fits, The lift reverse now works as well, I think it looks ok, Comments?
I lol'd.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate, I was in two minds whether to get it or not as I dont actually have an sxi model c, But I suppose its personal preference at the end of the day

·
Registered
799 Posts
Looks good mate i have one in my 1.0 c. But was easier for me because i got the whole shaft so you can just swap them over.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
just wondering since its summat to do with the gear knob - if you got a new gaitor for it would you just cut away the old one and put the new one on or remove the knob?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am gettin a new gaiter, When I recieve it I will remove the knob and the gaiter pulls out over the metal rod, its tucked in around the plastics but will come out, Then reverse the operation with the new gaiter, hoping its as simple as that lol, should be, let us know how you get on :thumbs:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good mate i have one in my 1.0 c. But was easier for me because i got the whole shaft so you can just swap them over.
Nice one mate, I was debating whether to get the sxi knob as I dont have an sxi, But not really bothered, I like it, You got any pics of your?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
ah right i see - mine has a tie so it can fit over the knob and then you can just tie it up to size so i was just wondering if it would be worth just cutting the old one off rather than possibly breaking the knob

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ah right i see - mine has a tie so it can fit over the knob and then you can just tie it up to size so i was just wondering if it would be worth just cutting the old one off rather than possibly breaking the knob

Ok....What gear gaiter is it? is it plain black leather or sxi ones? also what does the gear knob look like? If your new gaiter ties under the gear knob then it should be fine, But if it was me I would take of gear knob as the gaiter will be on more securely...however to save time I would just carefully cut off the old gaiter

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
its a white leather type i have just got it say over the origonal one at the mo but not tied it up as i didnt know how to take the old one off yet

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
ive also changed from the tacky one to the sxi but i changed the whole stick which is really straight forward pull and replace lol, do the handbrake too would make a big difference

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive also changed from the tacky one to the sxi but i changed the whole stick which is really straight forward pull and replace lol, do the handbrake too would make a big difference
I heard the handbrake is a bit more tricky than the gear knob?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Heres a picture of mine although it ain't a great picture.

imo i think the sxi handbreak and gearknob look good enough and for me personally this is what i'm going to stick to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts