Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
interior neons being fitted next week so now i want to remove the rear window wiper - did a search and found nothing - can anyone tell me how i do it properly? :wink:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: I thought that when I was writing it to! obviously they don't - just want to do one mod at a time and now the neons are sorted want to remove wiper :roll: anyway - back to topic - u guys know how to do it?

·
Registered
162 Posts
u gotta go inside the boot and remove the casing surrounding the linkage,then u gotta dismantle the linking so it'll no longer work,then just slide out the rear wiper and replace the hole with a rubber gromit,then disconnect the wire to the rear washer jet and clog up the whole.

at least i think thats how u do it,cant be 2 hard tho

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
yup david thats right :thumbs:.......had to remove mine coz soom knoob bent it down and i had to re align it :x

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am such a prat - i'm gutted! :cry: I removed the plastic panel covering the window wiper mechanics in the boot and removed a little metal engine like thing which I thought was to do with the window wiper and it only. To cut a long story short the wipers off and I shut my boot - only to find that it won't open again - I've only gone and removed the central locking boot mechanism! :oops: :oops: :oops: should i get this fixed anyone got an idea of cost - the components aren't damaged (i don't think) but my pride is - i can't believe i could have been so stupid!

·
Registered
214 Posts
scotsguy said:
i am such a prat - i'm gutted! :cry: I removed the plastic panel covering the window wiper mechanics in the boot and removed a little metal engine like thing which I thought was to do with the window wiper and it only. To cut a long story short the wipers off and I shut my boot - only to find that it won't open again - I've only gone and removed the central locking boot mechanism! :oops: :oops: :oops: should i get this fixed anyone got an idea of cost - the components aren't damaged (i don't think) but my pride is - i can't believe i could have been so stupid!
There is a metal arm which is linked to the part you removed, pull the arm and the boot will pop open.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Do you know what size the hole is?

I can grab a loose handful of grommets from work if you tell me the size!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it's a bit bigger than a 10p roughly. To update this post - i didn't remove the central locking mechanism after all - the wire i disconnected from the window wiper was in the way of the locking mechanism so i moved it and now the boot's wkg fine :D just got some 'speed culture' graphics made for my front and back windscreen and they look well smart - now just need to get my neons fitted on thursday - then i'll be happy.......for about a week! :twisted:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts