Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
removing & refitting a corsa c ignition barrel, boot lock & driver door lock/surround

this guide is for removing/refitting a new corsa c ignition barrel

tools needed

small phillips/flat head screwdriver
t20 torx star key
new barrel with key

1)
put key in the ignition (turn to 2nd position) to unlock steering lock turn steering wheel upside down & remove key while your there and if you have a tilt steering rack pull down on the lever where my thumb is

2) you should have the below looking threw the bigger gap of the steering wheel undo the screw with the t20 and pull off handle

3) now look under the steering housing and you will see a hole with a t20 screw undo it (it should just drop out)

4) get the small screwdriver and prise top & bottom cover apart like so and pull the top cover up

5) look down where the indercator stalks are you will so two t20 screws ether side undo and remove to safe place

6) push handle you undid earlier back in to original position then pull down on botton housing

7) now pull off the barrel surround

8) next is to remove the indicator stalk, there are one tab at the top & one at the bottom push them both in & pull out

9) unplug the indicator stalk push the blue bit down & pull from the loom

10) put the original key in to the ignition

11) locate the hole (in red) and grab a small screwdriver

12) put the screwdriver in the hole & turn the key to the 2nd position

13) push down on the screwdriver & the barrel will pop out

14) next get the flat head screwdriver inside where the barrel was & push the silver part in red down

so it looks like this

15) fit everything in reverse

16) don't forget to remove the transponder chip/fob from the old key & put them in the new key

job done in around 15 mins with taking pictures

thanks for looking

ps i hold no responsibility if you try this on your own car and you mess it up but this is how i did mine above

guides to follow are

1) boot lock
2) drivers door

·
605,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
how to change/swap the boot lock/surround

this guide is for removing/refitting a new corsa c boot lock

tools needed

8mm spanner or socket
small flat head screwdriver
t20 torx star key
new boot lock/surround

1) undo the 4 t20 screws located in the pictures below & pull the panel off

2) to undo the metal rod simply push the housing to the side & pull the rod out

3) use the 8mm spanner or socket set to undo both nuts pictured below

4) use the flat head screw driver to undo the clip (be careful as the boot lock will drop)

5) as im doing a swap for the external handle pull the old one off & place the new one in

6) put everything back in reverse

job done in around 15 mins with taking pictures

thanks for looking

ps i hold no responsibility if you try this on your own car and you mess it up but this is how i did mine above

guides to follow are

1) drivers door

·
605,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
removing & refitting a corsa c ignition barrel, boot lock & driver door lock/...

how to change/swap the door lock/surround

this guide is for removing/refitting a new corsa c's door lock/surround

tools needed

10mm spanner or socket + extension bar
pliers are to remove the white plastic clips if they get stuck in the door (i did not need to do this on mine)
small/large flat head screwdriver
t20 torx star key
new door lock/surround

1) before starting you may want to buy some more of theses as the clips can break

ebay link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5X-VAUXHALL-CORSA-C-ASTRA-G-H-VECTRA-WING-MIRROR-DOOR-TRIM-PANEL-CLIPS-INTERIOR-/111411598893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19f0a6162d

2) to remove the tweeter cover just grab the top part & pull off

b) remove the foam & pull out the wiring

3) use the flat head screwdriver to prise out the red part on the door lock & remove

4) to remove the interior door handle surround place the flat head screwdriver in the top prise out & remove eletric mirror switch wiring

5) next undo the 5 t20 star screws located in the pictures below

6) pull the bottom part of the door card towards you

b) then pull the top left corner of the door card up

7) while holding the door card push the electric window switch out & unplug

8) next undo the two 10mm bolts pictured below you will need the extension bar for the one at least & with the t20 undo the screw at the bottom then pull out the white plastic part

like so

9) next undo the metal rod (easier at the bottom 2nd pic) & pull out the lock surround out

IF SWAPPING OVER JUST THE LOCKS SKIP 10 & 11

10) next undo the top part of the rod like the boot push the tab to one side then pull rod out

11) next there are two tabs on the inside use the screwdriver to push the pins in make sure you hold the other side & it will fall out after

fitting everything in reverse tips

1) only put the one bolt in to hold the door lock until you put the plastic part in place

2) when putting the door card back on i found it much easier to wind the window down

3) make sure all wiring is in the correct position before putting the door card screws back in

4) start with doing the middle part of the door card as its the hardest as it makes life a little more easier if you can still move the door to find the correct hole (rest will line up once that's in)

job done in around 30 mins with taking pictures

thanks for looking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.