Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to take off my rub strips on my 2001 C and went to halfords to try to get myself a toffee wheel,

ended up coming back with a "sanding and polishing kit" is like a toffee wheel in the sense that its a drill attachment, and has a

"lambswool polishing bonnet" (5")

do people think this will work? (it is white in colour just looks like cotton tbh!"

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
i used tar n bug remove rit coame straight off wid a credit card , i tried whire spirit and hair dryers n it hardly moved but the tar n bug was ace

·
Registered
213 Posts
whats the best way to removed the strips? just get a credit card behind it to start it off and then just slowly pull off or is there a much safer way? i remember taking the bump strips off my cavalier and it deided to take a couple of big patches of paint with them, and with our corsa being fairly new i dont want to be doing the same as it was ment to be a cheap easy mod but turned out to cost me a fortune in having 4 doors re-sprayed lol!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
heat it up peel off while heatin
takin as much off the tar n bug

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
AMEN TO THAT

Bug and Tar Remover works instantly!! 10 minute job!
i preach to the lord of meguiars,

he cummoth n giveth the blessed miracle of bug and tar remover

get it use it on ur strips n heal ur self brother

halijulah!!!!

G

·
ive just finally managed to get mine off. i used some white spirits at first witht eh old credit card method and eventually went to using autoglym tar remover. in the end i would say that its a pain in the arse no matter wot way u do it and wouldnt do it again lol!! I must say though..the end result looks great all i need to do now is get it washed and polished!!

Thanks for al the posters that have posted many times on how to do this as it helped me alot!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.