Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
yeah thats how i done mine, however b careful as under mine was condensation that can usually b removed with a heatgun but mine wouldnt go away and on the other side had a indent of the rubstrip so both sides needed respraying costing £400

·
Registered
635 Posts
The slower you go the better the end result will be. Just don't try ripping it off or anything stupid :lol:
Be careful when you're using the card to get behind the strip as there's usually loads of grimey shit behind it that's built up over time, just wash it away with the boiling water to avoid scratching your paint with the grimey grit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Got one side done today, going to do the other tomorrow as I've got to go to work. However there's a lot of glue left on the car - what should I use to get this off? Colour beneath it seems the same as on my car so going not bad so far.
autoglym intensive bug an tar remover, halfords £5.99 or £4.99
saved my life, got all the glue off one side in about 5 minutes. if you see that one side has changed colour (espically on silver older corsa's) use a heat gun or hot water as its normally just condensation :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
635 Posts
autoglym intensive bug an tar remover, halfords £5.99 or £4.99
saved my life, got all the glue off one side in about 5 minutes. if you see that one side has changed colour (espically on silver older corsa's) use a heat gun or hot water as its normally just condensation :doublethumbs:
+1
autoglym tar remover is amazing, it like dissolves the glue makes it really easy to get off. and yeah there might be like a faint white line underneath which will go as you wash your car a few times

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the last off today - will post a pic once I buy that autoglym stuff and get the glue off. The annoying thing is I used the credit card thing then on the last one I just pulled it off using hot water and the card to start off with. When I pulled it off it left no glue and didn't damage my paint work at all.

·
Premium Member
16,180 Posts
i am in process off derubstripping done the drivers side took about 15 mins but then the passengers side having problems getting glue off tried using hot water and a credit seems to be taking forever got about halfway along the drivers door and gave up and easier suggestions?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts