Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed the tutorial on removing the headunit to install a third party head unit. I am going to sell my cdr2005 on ebay. will i still require the mounting cage or shall i include this with the sale? Am i correct in thinking if i am installing a new fascia i wont need the mounting cage?

Ryan

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Correct. Sell the lot, as the fascia give a slot to fit a single din cage into. Plus usually you can't fit the fascia in with the double din cage in place.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i managed to fit my new headunit into the original cage. I bent it so that my new cage fitted into the slot. how did you manage to mount yours without the original cage?? I tried it but the unit just fell down at the back? :? The cage doesnt click into anything either so will wobble around and slide in and out of the facia??

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
The cage you get with new HU's is only short and covers the first 2 inches of the unit if you are lucky.

This must be placed in the fascia and the clips bent back into place to hold the cage rigid in the fascia.

Your new HU will them slide straight into this and lock in to it.
This will give a tight/secure fit which requires the HU keys to remove it.

Once out, you can then remove the cage from the fascia if/when you ever need to do so!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts