Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a look around for a b/b for my 1.8sri wanted a sebring 6x4 but they dont do one.

Remus make direct replacement back boxes for the 1.8 so was thinking about getting one, anybody have a remus b/b,what do you think of them.

All opinions welcome.

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
Remus make Irmscher mate, give me a few days and I'll let you know what its like, or you can have a look

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remus alot cheaper than the irmscher branded version though.

You getting twin round if i remember yeah.

I'm looking at twin oval i think, if you could give us an idea of what they're like would appreciate it.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
diddon did you getthe irmscher one in the end or the remus one?

TJ, I couldn't find the twin oval remus, which is why I got the Irmscher one in the end!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ka$h whats the sound like, i know it wont be much louder if at all, than standard but still gotta be noticable right.

I'm sure i saw a remus twin oval on a site somewhere, finding it hard to get a b/b i like thats a direct replacement for the 1.8.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah it's noticable, like a low purr. It's nice, not loud, just there (if you know what I mean).

Sounds a lot better if the car's been on a run as well.

Was out for 45 mins last week on main roads (70mph) and when I pulled up, it sounded fantastic. :mrgreen:

I didn't want a huge change or noise, but this is really nice. I'm V.Pleased with it :wink:

·
Registered
972 Posts
i have a remus twin oval check my garage on corsapsort by clicking the link below, when its hot it sounds nice but when i got it in the 1st few mnths it doesnt sound too different, but give it a year and u can notice it, i got mine for £170 delivered

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
corsa-sxi said:
i have a remus twin oval check my garage on corsapsort by clicking the link below, when its hot it sounds nice but when i got it in the 1st few mnths it doesnt sound too different, but give it a year and u can notice it, i got mine for £170 delivered
Where u get it from for that price?

If it sounds good on yours ka$h will sound nice on a 1.8 me thinks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ka$h said:
Yeah it's noticable, like a low purr. It's nice, not loud, just there (if you know what I mean).

Sounds a lot better if the car's been on a run as well.

Was out for 45 mins last week on main roads (70mph) and when I pulled up, it sounded fantastic. :mrgreen:

I didn't want a huge change or noise, but this is really nice. I'm V.Pleased with it :wink:
was that just the backbox alone???

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Within a fortnight I changed my air filter to a k&n panel filter, filled up on Shell optimax and changed my backbox. Gotta admit, the filter and petrol improved the running, but it was the backbox the makes the noise. I like it :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i seen a corsa cin town yesterday and it had a remus backbox.. was a dtm syle one, but the pipes came out at a funny angle :lol:

sounded quite good tho :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just rang elitedirect up & they only have the dtm style for the 1.8 which i dont want.

Anybody got any ideas as to who makes a b/b for the 1.8 in a twin oval or 6x4 oval stylee?

May just have to wait n leave the mesh out of that side of the extension til i find a b/b that i like n fits.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
tjsri said:
Just rang elitedirect up & they only have the dtm style for the 1.8 which i dont want.

Anybody got any ideas as to who makes a b/b for the 1.8 in a twin oval or 6x4 oval stylee?

May just have to wait n leave the mesh out of that side of the extension til i find a b/b that i like n fits.

Oh, do u have the flycatcher rear?

id check to see if the exhaust fits if its an off the shelf one ur gonna get..as the hole for the exhaust to fit thru might be too far down.

Example of this is : i had a reiger race rear, custom backbox fitted to it. (hung basically the same as the standard one would...but when i got my psg rear..i had to get the mountin arms chopped off the backbox and longer ones welded on so that the box sat lower down to clear the bumper.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
scottb, i thought of this when i logged off here earlier.

Yes is flycatcher rear.

I checked what it was like with the standard sri box on & its touch n go as to whether it'll sit low enough :shock: , also it sits quite far back in the extension opening, yet another problem for bodyshop to sort along with the rear fogs.

Cant find an off shelf box for the sri i like though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts