Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone replaced the lights in the headlights with LED ones? I'm wanting to replace mine but not sure if they are any good, I've seen a few on ebay but they are only 18 LED and the lumens are not enough, there also some 68 LED ones and also not sure how good they are either.

Anyone had any experience of this?

Btw this is a good website to find which bulbs fit your car:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/bulb/bulb_master_3000.php

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, thats what I mean, but I understand that the light is not good enough? LED's are improving all the time, perhaps they've improved to a point where they are useful.

·
Registered
57,462 Posts
can only see H7 bulbs designed for fog lights, doubt they'll be brigh enough for dipped beam

most use led's only fir side lights, HID's or Xenon bulbs for dipped and full beams

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So basically don't use them for main beams or dipped beams? For other stuff like side lights, brake lights, fog etc. they are OK?

Has anyone actually replaced ALL the external bulbs with LED ones (except main/dipped beam ofcourse)?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u can use led for sidelight, plate lights, interior lights, fogs-will be ok,but rather not to, etc etc.
I am sure people have done it b4.
fogs-will be ok,but rather not to - you mean it's better not to use them for fog-lights?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I wouldn't want to use then for the fogs I would just upgrade the bulbs and use leds in the bulbs that don't realy about to much like e.g number plate bulbs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my main beam and dipped beam with H7 LED bulbs, they look great during the day and evening but at night they're totally rubbish. They simply don't light up the road enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Comparable Lumen Output option now available

LED technology is still advancing. I've ordered a pair of these;

http://www.lightinthebox.com/h7-16w...amp-dc-10-30v_p1760494.html?litb_from=sysmail

They claim to have the same output as the Halogen bulbs, so when they arrive I'll try and do a side-by-side comparison.

Not sure how well they will work in the projector or if heat dissipation will be an issue. More to follow

·
Registered
100 Posts
I replaced my main beam and dipped beam with H7 LED bulbs, they look great during the day and evening but at night they're totally rubbish. They simply don't light up the road enough.
I'd the same issue with h3's used in my old mondeo, looked great on the car, but as for lighting up the road, useless! The cars sidelights were brighter!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts