Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen screws in the rim profile on double-walled rims, but why is it on normal rims? Is it an ornament or does it work?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but there you can see that it is a sticker already, years ago they had told me that they were for tire balancing, having so much diameter the internal tire had a balancing system, but of course I would be 8 years old anyway I misunderstood, because often more detail The screws are ugly, unless it is a tuning rim I do not like it at all, a **** being the irmscher those like that

·
Registered
54 Posts
but there you can see that it is a sticker already, years ago they had told me that they were for tire balancing, having so much diameter the internal tire had a balancing system, but of course I would be 8 years old anyway I misunderstood, because often more detail The screws are ugly, unless it is a tuning rim I do not like it at all, a **** being the irmscher those like that
If those bolts are a actually bolts, you could, theoretically, balance the wheel by just adding washers, nevertheless you'll need quite a few washers to get the same weight as if it was lead. And at the same time you're almost always going to need to split the weight amongst a few bolts( you're tied to preset degrees) and moreover you are likely to need to split the washer amount to build up enough weight overall(you'll run out of threads if you add a ton of washers on a single bolt). Plane propellers and helicopter rotor blades work like that.

I would love to see those bolts working as they "should", but I doubt they do... Unless it's a minor imbalance(there is one bolt protuberating on that picture...makes me wonder why...)

Automotive tire Helmet Vehicle Aircraft Motor vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts