Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just got some 17" Excite RO4s but have been told i am not covered by my Free Vauxhall Insurance. Has anyone else come across this problem :?: Is there anyway around itI was told it says in my policy booklet that all mods must be Vauxhall sold & fitted.

This sucks, can anyone shed some light onto my problem?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShaunC said:
:? hmmmmm

what did they say exactly? will they not cover you at all? even for additional £?
Will not cover me as i jave not get from Vauxhall & they also have to fit them to for my policy to be valid. Will have to giv e them a ring again, still not sure its that true.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
basically: vauxhall are fools

im on free insurance, they go mad at any mod I do, but my policy handbook doesnt say a thing about being "fitted by vauxhall" etc so they can go and jump :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
My mate had this trouble when he fitted his jap style front bumper to his C SXI, which he got with free insurance. When he rang vauxhall insurance they said it had to be fitted by a Vauxhall dealership, so he went down to Vauxhall and they did him a fake invoice to say they had fitted it so he could send this to the insurance company!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
MattSXI said:
My mate had this trouble when he fitted his jap style front bumper to his C SXI, which he got with free insurance. When he rang vauxhall insurance they said it had to be fitted by a Vauxhall dealership, so he went down to Vauxhall and they did him a fake invoice to say they had fitted it so he could send this to the insurance company!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
if he smahes the car up tho , they will probably only pay out fora standard bumper.

Many insurance companies cover u for having moded parts, but if u claim, u only get the car pu back to standard. So ivd look into that if i were him

·
Registered
417 Posts
Be v carful cos my first insurance said they would not cover me for any mod until i was 21 :x (not with them now!!!)Cos i asked to put alloys on and they said i couldn't and if i did and they found out i had all my insurance would be void!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
m-dot said:
basically: vauxhall are fools

im on free insurance, they go mad at any mod I do, but my policy handbook doesnt say a thing about being "fitted by vauxhall" etc so they can go and jump :)
Where abouts in the plicy booklet should i looki. Will it be under the Terms & Conditions??

Cheers for the help

·
Registered
62 Posts
ive got free insurance and on my insurance certificate it says alloy wheels (non standard), tinted windows and £1000 audio equipment. think its cos i got the mp3 player and street pack but my excess is £600! how much is the excess on other free insurance?

·
Banned
11,833 Posts
not allowed unles you top p the policy yourself ;)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I use to be on the free insurance when i first got the car, they wont let you put any aftermarket modifications on unless they have been supplied and fitted by vauxhall, if you do choose to get them from vaux you have a limit of upto 1000pounds worth and it will also push your excess upto 600, i had the same hassle, even offered to pay the extra costs ect but they said they couldnt as no modifications was one of the conditions of the free insurance :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts