Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Corsa drivers out there. I am new to the board and as requested in the newbie lounge I'd like to show you my car.

Opel Corsa C, three-door, late 2004 facelift model, Njoy interior, 1.2 16V.

has been transformed to

„RollinOnChrome“

modifications:

-added fog-lights to front bumper,
-replaced standard grille (lower ones) with those from the Gsi (same like Vauxhall’s VXR I guess),
-got paintjob done on the side, front and back rub-stripes,
-replaced upper grille with Irmscher part,
-replaced side mirrors with Irmscher (electrical) ones,
-added Irmscher wing on the back,
-tinted windows with CfC “anthracite style” foil (not as dark as black ones),
-tinted visor in “anthracite style”,
-added Lumma GS/R eyebrows,
-replaced Opel Blitz with Chevrolet emblem,
-replaced taillights with Irmscher’s black variant,
-lowered car by 70mm and 40 mm with KW adjustable suspension (INOX line, series 1, stainless steel shocks),
-modified KW suspension with Astra H four-door lowering springs on the rear to lift the heavy stereo equipment,
-added K&N air filter,
-added three-inch motorsport exhaust system (starting at catalytic converter) by Lexmaul Opel Tuning,
-new wheels: OXIGIN “ONE” in 7 x 15, FULLCHROME edition,
-tires: Goodyear Eagle F1 195 / 50 R15 82 V,

ICE:

-Spectron SPH2200 DVD / CD / MP.3 / WMA Tuner with IR remote control,
-2x MDS Sunvisors with 7-inch TFT flatscreens (driver and passenger side) with remote controls,
-2x ESX Alloy-Cone Subwoofer AL-10, 400 Watts RMS,
-Phonocar adapter for headunit, Charcoal in colour like the rest of my interior,
-Bosound cable connectors,
-Zapco symbilink cables for the digital monoblock amp,
-Zapco Reference Series R500.1 Single Channel Amp with electronic xover 12dB/oct. HP/LP
EHV Output circuity – Dynamic Bass Conrol Port (powering my ESX AL-10s)
-Zapco Reference Series R350.2 two Channel Amp with electronic xover 12dB/oct. HP/LP
Bass Control Port (powering my front system)
-EM-Phaser NEO XT-3 front speakers (kickbass) and tweeters and crossover,
-Dietz cables,
-install in black leather,
-subwoofer box custom built to fit in smooth

..to be continued...

Some pictures (more to come once weather changes and I can get a hold of batteries for digi cam):

and one more (it is a bit older and the eyebrows haven't been added here)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Coops: Actually 17 inch were planned to be added. But I liked exactly THIS rim and back in those days I purchased them, 17 inch were not available in the "ONE" -design for the Corsa.

Nowadays if I look at it, I rather leave them in place instead of spending another 2000€.

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
@Coops: Actually 17 inch were planned to be added. But I liked exactly THIS rim and back in those days I purchased them, 17 inch were not available in the "ONE" -design for the Corsa.

Nowadays if I look at it, I rather leave them in place instead of spending another 2000€.
Fair enough mate, each to their own :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
-lowered car by 70mm and 40 mm with KW adjustable suspension (INOX line, series 1, stainless steel shocks),

i dont think its down 70 mil mate

·
Registered
838 Posts
whats that rear badge ?

:edit: looked on modification list, am i missing what do chevolrt and corsa's have in common ???

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
whats that rear badge ?

:edit: looked on modification list, am i missing what do chevolrt and corsa's have in common ???
abroad, chevrolet make a corsa ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Ron Burgundy: It is. Don't forget, I have just 15" alloys. Maybe it just doesn't look like it is lowered that much. Plus: It is an adjustable shock absorber. You don't measure in mm like with lowering springs. Instead you tape the length of the screwthread.

@Drift King: Corsa that run in Brasil are made by Cevrolet. And in Germany every Opel tuner uses to add the Vauxhall wings. Like here in the UK you favor the Blitz.

I work for the US Army in Germany and wanted to see some faces wondering why they never saw this Chevy model before ;)

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
@Ron Burgundy: It is. Don't forget, I have just 15" alloys. Maybe it just doesn't look like it is lowered that much. Plus: It is an adjustable shock absorber. You don't measure in mm like with lowering springs. Instead you tape the length of the screwthread.

@Drift King: Corsa that run in Brasil are made by Cevrolet. And in Germany every Opel tuner uses to add the Vauxhall wings. Like here in the UK you favor the Blitz.

I work for the US Army in Germany and wanted to see some faces wondering why they never saw this Chevy model before ;)
so if your measuring the screw thread, how much has the arch dropped.

my arch has dropped 55 front, and 60 rear and it looks like this:

that is on 16" alloys and low profile tyres.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
A HOLDEN badge would have been even more funny. Most Germans not even know how it looks like.. they all just want Vauxhall emblems. :)

@Ron: Difficult to say as I never measured the arch drop with those wheels and tires before I actually lowered the car. I can measure from mid of wheel to 12 o'clock position of the arch if it helps you.

BTW, why is you car lowered deeper on the rear as it is frontside???

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Not much a fan of the wheels, but rest of the car is really nice :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
looks nice mate keep up the good work

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not much a fan of the wheels, but rest of the car is really nice :thumbs:

LOL yeah. I already got that. It is less the design but more the small size. I know...

But you guys need also to know that every change on your car in Germany needs to be legalized by the guys from the "TUEV" society. Those experts have an eye on modified cars and if they don't give their ok for your changes or you cannot show the proper papers your car will be taken from you until you change your setup in a way they agree to. We Germans need to show up there every two years...and get vehicle checked out by those guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts