Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks years ago I've had alot of Vauxhall's love them, never had a corsa, so I'm not sure if I'm keeping it or scrapping her, it's a shame if so,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ta guys. I've been doing alot of homework. I've been offerd a 1 owner 04 plate corsa ecolife 1Ltd.ideal for work.58,000 miles the old guy died and I bought it for near scrap price ie £100 long story to it.im buying the house and it belonged to the old man,his son wants it all gone.its a shame to scrap her it has alloys elec windows, now ctl locks but doesnt open passenger door. Uther which alot of u have said it could be a bulb or plug at rear,everything on dash works apart from the milage.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I've read a few "c/locking won't open door x " threads and also the mileage display going AWOL has happened before (it happened briefly on my Combo Tour but reappeared without intervention and has been fine since). If people don't chime in soon, I'll dig out some relevant previous threads and link them.

Sounds like a great offer on the car and well worth fixing the little niggles. btw, when my mileage display returned, it had been clocking up my driving - it just wasn't visible.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mileage not showing could be the LED behind it. Simple fix but make sure it is the LED fitted not a standard bulb!
Silly question but you are double pressing unlock on key fob to unlock all doors? Failing that it will be the micro switch in door lock.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
send @Pugh125k a message, he can sort ya out with a new fob, if he still does them.
He does: standard replacements and also the fancy flick-key jobby

I got one of these and it took me a few days to stop randomly snapping the key blade out like I'm cool and hard. More sensible people will appreciate that your jacket pocket isn't sawn to shreds over the months by that big blade sticking out (I have the earlier, saw-tooth key blade).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But I would have to get it plugged in to reprogram. I wont get the car for another 4 weeks,hopefully we get house by then.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It depends what you mean by "damaged", Husky. If your buttons etc are a bit boshed, that's not a problem. You get one of these replacement cases (and the new blade cut if you're getting the flicker) and transfer over. There's a PCB inside and separately (this bit is crucial, I assumed it was on the board and wondered why it refused to start when I first did the swap) the transponder is in a little pocket of its own in the front part of the plastic near the blade. With the original PCB and transponder correctly put inside, the replacement worked fine.

Because you stated that the remote opens all but one door and starts the engine up, there can't be anything wrong with your PCB and transponder, just the surrounding bits are a bit ganky, so no programming required (luckily - that's the pricey bit). If just one door is the issue, it's not the fob. MarkoM's suggestion - check the wiring to that lock - or the lock motor itself is more likely the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very sorry,I didn't say the remote works I should of said key works but wont unlock pass door, the remote is totally dead both buttons missing and badley corroded remote board.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Ah, and if the key is turned in the ignition does the engine start? If the transponder works, that saves you some drag and expense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes car runs locks ect key fits in boot and drivers door.its all origional,from new, can I buy a second hand remote ? And they and reset it. Or best buy new.and doni have to put it on a comp to reset it,

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
OK, if the key starts the engine and remotely unlocks any door (the passenger door not doing so is a separate issue to the remote - see above responses) then you have a working transponder. Your circuit board and buttons may be gunky, but the hard part is easy, in this case. Unlike some keys (my Renault Modus is one), the transponder is not soldered directly onto the board. It sits separately in a little pocket moulded into the plastic very close to where the key blade is. Have a look at this thread: Pugh is a moderator and also deals with key refurbs for beer tokens:

It shows you what the key looks like when it's all broken down. As there are a few weeks before you properly access the car, it might be worth sending your key to Pugh to have the necessary bits refurbed. My guess is your original blade section which also contains the transponder mated to a replacement board with shiny fresh buttons and new case, but PM Pugh for better info.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts