Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
11,683 Posts
so far..... what if you get stopped by the police and they check your car over and speak to your insurance company? ....... o yes your ****ed.

or what happens if you have a bad accident?.... o yes your ****ed!

if you cant afford to insure the mod dont fcking buy it! :banghead:

jesus the amount of retards on the forum now is unbelievable!
+1

·
Trusted Trader, Premier Member
12,381 Posts
Agreed with Scott tbh.
Don't mod if you can't afford to declare. But then again, if you wanna risk it and get fu**ed, go for it :shrug:

·
Registered
909 Posts
so far..... what if you get stopped by the police and they check your car over and speak to your insurance company? ....... o yes your ****ed.

or what happens if you have a bad accident?.... o yes your ****ed!

if you cant afford to insure the mod dont fcking buy it! :banghead:

jesus the amount of retards on the forum now is unbelievable!
Agreed. Declare it! simples..

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
Tbh, i've been paying double insurance for 3 years to declare mine now and i've gained no benifit.

i've been pulled and asked about them, they reckon they've checked with my insurance but at that time of night, and due to the limits of the DPA i know full well its bullshyte...

dont know why i bother. 1 in 4 people arent insured full stop anyway let alone declaring things like mods/points.

saying that. i'll continue to be a fool and declare them to keep everyone i live with happy i guess.

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
technically, you arent breaking the law either.

As you have valid insurance untill the insurance company invalidate it after a crash.

SO. in theory, you are fine untill you crash or someone dobs you in to your insurance company, in which case unless its extensively modified and is subtle, you could probably get away with the "i though it come like this from new" approach

·
Registered
23 Posts
i havent bothered to delcare thing like wind deflectors, beesting aerial etc coz if i did crash i would just be able to easily take them off, for lowering springs and tints i have declared as they would be a problem trying to remove after a crash
how do you spose you'll do that if your in a comber tho :p

·
Registered
269 Posts
when i told my insurance about my mods they just put all my mods under a 'general modification' category and when i got stopped by the police and asked if i could get into trouble for mds they said and i quote "we're not really fussed if drivers declare modifications or not unless the modifications directly cause an accident (but we shouldnt tell you that)" LOL!

·
Registered
416 Posts
do i need to tell my insurance about irmisher kit. it was on the car when i bought it and dont know if its standard :s

·
Registered
644 Posts
Can I just bump this again, as there seems to be a growing number of numptys who are intent on not declaring mods.............then moan at the cost of insurance. Just because "everyone else does it" does not mean it ok for you. The cost of insurance is high on a corsa as it is stop giving the insurance company's a reason, of you cant afford insurance DON'T MOD THE CAR.

My insurance company only charge me extra for having springs everything else is effectively free (alloys/grill/de-badge/de-rub/interior changes) but I've told them about everything. If you haven't been tough it already HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.

I really honestly do wish the government would raise the age of learning to drive/getting behind the wheel to 21 or 22, given the amount of 17/18/19yr olds that think its quite acceptable to drive like a class a fool, who think its ok to not declare mods and who think they should respect there elders.

Yes I'm p*ssed off.

101 - 120 of 154 Posts