Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i swap my 04 1.8 SRi for a 04 1.4 exclusiv? (Straight Swap)

For my Pictures Check My Progress Thread :)

Haven't got any pictures of the exclusiv but its flame red with 39,000 on.

If You could let me know your opinion asap it would be helpful.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
insurance is the issue its gone up from £1500 to £2600 :( havent had a bump either or any fines

·
Premium Member
28,336 Posts
exclusiv over standard 1.8..

You said red right?! VERY rare in exclusiv trim too.. comes with irmy bits, full leather and climate as standard.
You'd only loose 33bhp, cruise and the SRi mirrors.. but gain cheaper tax, better fuel economy and a more unique corsa?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
get a quote first! u shouldnt have accepted ur insurance companies HIKE in prices, they're just having you on. go on confused now n do a quote.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheapest is £2500 but i dont get it i got a years no claims this year and didnt have any last year.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
:slap: just find a differnt/cheaper insurance company!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I think your Insurance company is trying to shaft you TBH.Who you with?
Try and find a better quote and then ring your company and say your wanting to cancel your policy due to finding a cheaper quote,Then they might even change there price?

If you now have 1NYCB then it shouldnt go up.

If you cant find a cheaper quote then get a quote on this Exclusiv to see what the diffrence is,You might find it wont be much cheaper and you may aswell keep the 1.8.However if it is alot cheaper then yes i think it may be worth while swopping.

The Exclusiv is still a nice Corsa and in a way slightly more kitted out then a SRI,As Missing Pilot said you dont see many Red one's and your not actually loosing that much apart from the extra power really,As the cruise control can be put on yours and so can the mirrors so.....

EDIT - Yes the paintwork will fade just like most cars,Especially Red one's but if you polish it reguarly then it will be fine!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts