Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Should I swap my 1.8 for a...

1K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  sxicorsac 
#1 ·
Should i swap my 04 1.8 SRi for a 04 1.4 exclusiv? (Straight Swap)

For my Pictures Check My Progress Thread :)

Haven't got any pictures of the exclusiv but its flame red with 39,000 on.

If You could let me know your opinion asap it would be helpful.

Thanks
Dan

#13 ·
exclusiv over standard 1.8..

You said red right?! VERY rare in exclusiv trim too.. comes with irmy bits, full leather and climate as standard.
You'd only loose 33bhp, cruise and the SRi mirrors.. but gain cheaper tax, better fuel economy and a more unique corsa?

#19 · (Edited)
I think your Insurance company is trying to shaft you TBH.Who you with?
Try and find a better quote and then ring your company and say your wanting to cancel your policy due to finding a cheaper quote,Then they might even change there price?

If you now have 1NYCB then it shouldnt go up.

If you cant find a cheaper quote then get a quote on this Exclusiv to see what the diffrence is,You might find it wont be much cheaper and you may aswell keep the 1.8.However if it is alot cheaper then yes i think it may be worth while swopping.

The Exclusiv is still a nice Corsa and in a way slightly more kitted out then a SRI,As Missing Pilot said you dont see many Red one's and your not actually loosing that much apart from the extra power really,As the cruise control can be put on yours and so can the mirrors so.....

EDIT - Yes the paintwork will fade just like most cars,Especially Red one's but if you polish it reguarly then it will be fine!

#21 ·
If it was me I'd snap that offer up, the Exclusiv will hold it's value much better in the longer run as well.

Assuming it comes with all the trim (Alloys / Heated Leathers / etc.) then it's also worth more now!

You might miss a bit of the power that the 1.8 has but you will gain far more in other areas like comfort and 'Exclusivness' (Pardon the pun)

Do it mate! :doublethumbs:

#22 ·
Just have a look around for better qoutes, they should never go up that much for anyone if you havent done anything. Try third party etc for a year.

They are both good models, up to you if you want to swap but I would prefer staying with the 1.8.

#23 ·
Just have a look around for better qoutes, they should never go up that much for anyone if you havent done anything. Try third party etc for a year.

They are both good models, up to you if you want to swap but I would prefer staying with the 1.8.

#26 ·
Would take it tbh, the 1.8 isn't really much faster in terms of actual real world performance. The specs better on the exclusiv, MPG, Tax and Insurance will all be less too. Also if you keep on top of it the red paint looks fantastic, obviously if you leave it unprotected it will fade but hey all paints will. Just the red is a lil quicker.

The red ones do seem to be very rare, remember when i joined on here there were a few people saying they never realised you could get them in that colour.

#28 ·
Are you mad? the SRi exterior is just a standard corsa with 5 spoke alloys, over priced mirrors, grey plastic skirts and a spoiler. Where as the exclusiv gets better looking alloys and the full irmscherbodykit (with colour coded skirts ;) ), plus all the mechanical extras you get on the SRi.

#30 ·
i dont think you should swap.. unless it was your 1.8 for my 06 1.2 :shrug: if only i could get insured haha! ive been quoted £2200 for a 1.8 once im 18... im paying £2500 on my 1.2 now as its my first year..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.