Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the black side strips on the corsa be colour coded. I was looking at mine and they seem to be a rubbery material. Can they be removed, sprayed, and stuck back on? Or do new ones in a diff material have to be bought :?:

If anyone has done this, can you give me any tips / advice. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
loads of people have done em, i want to do em so not too sure myself! they can be sprayed, but i hear its best to take them off and spray them, not sure if you can put the same ones back on though!?

you can buy some new ones and paint them, then stick them on, in place of the old ones! (if you cant get the old ones back on)

diddon has done his, so has corsaboy and a few others no doubt

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You can buy a new set from vauxhall, already in primer, just needing your colour added, and stuck on.

The problem is getting them to this state, so it may be worth investing in the pre-painted (primer) versions.

Someone on here said they'd given it a try to paint the existing ones, and the finish was dreadful, So gave in on the idea, and opted for the primered ones insted. :)

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
you have to buy new ones as the old ones will curle up once removed

pic of mine by the way

·
Registered
25 Posts
just take em off.. theres no holes behind em and it's exactly the same colour as the car obviosuly.. looks nice.. if you wanna know what it looks like have a look at a sri :)

D

·
0 Posts
gurlin said:
that pic wouldn't have been took from inside a vectra would it? lol
No was taken from outside - coz he has the window down and is leaning out :lol:

BUT yeah its a veccy - used to be mine and my dads.... but its just his now coz i wanted my own car to insure and do up hence the corsa :thumbs:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone got a part number for the side strips, as my vauxhall dealer isn't great. I would just remove them, but there are too many people in car parks who open their doors by feel. :cry:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
To be honest I dont think the rub strips do all that much. Unless every other car door is the exact same height, so as to touch the strip, it doesn't really make much difference, I think they look cool though.
The sides look a bit plain without them.

Diddons car is the perfect example :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Diddon's looks nice, but then again, so does Noonsters.

The only thing if you take em off and someone ding's ya door, is it becomes more noticable, as that is the only 'feature' on the door, and I use that word loosely of course :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If u have a minor dent in your door, its less eye catching with the rub strips on, obviously you'd still want it fixed though..

S

·
0 Posts
Might colour-code my door strips sometime, shouldn't cost me much. Cant really afford they whole colour-coded.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I want a full colour code but it is a bit pricey, again...i cant afford it either either at the moment! in the meantime I think im gonna do the rub strips and boot handle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if ya want to stop people opening there doors on your doors and giving you any dents then park cross ways in a disabled spot :lol: that should sort that problem lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Guys

First post :) These rubbing strips how are they stuck on, are they glued?, i'm just worried about pulling them off and leaving some kind of residue on the door and trying to get it off.

Many thanks

Dan

·
Registered
823 Posts
my guess would be a similar residue to what is left over when debadging...which can be a pain to get off, also as my corsa is 2002 would the paint not be a different shade were the rubstrip has been having never been exposed to sunlight?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts