Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for asking the same bloody question again. I believe someone has said it closely resembles Halfords Astro Silver. Those that have done this, did you prime the top part surrounding the MFD prior to spraying or did you just spray without? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I used Halfords silver wheel paint, its quite a good match and i did sand and prime my parts before i sprayed them.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
posted on corsasport aswell but here goes i used halfords aluminium spray close enough match and yes sand and prime before painting

·
Registered
92 Posts
paul sxi said:
posted on corsasport aswell but here goes i used halfords aluminium spray close enough match and yes sand and prime before painting
Hi hey that looks like a good job.........ermm this might be a thicko question but was the 2 parts easy to get off to spray?
John
oops 3 parts i meant....thats if the bottom section is done too.......also would the normal star silver paint be ok to use?

S

·
0 Posts
xjrjohn said:
paul sxi said:
Hi hey that looks like a good job.........ermm this might be a thicko question but was the 2 parts easy to get off to spray?
John
oops 3 parts i meant....thats if the bottom section is done too.......also would the normal star silver paint be ok to use?
He only sprayed the top cover over the MFD. All the other sections already come silver like that in the sxi corsa c!

·
Registered
62 Posts
When i got a new stereo in my car i had to use an adaptor to make it fit. When i asked what colour to spray it i was told the closest match was Vauxhall smoke silver metalic. Never did get around to spraying it so not sure if it was a good match.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
if u have an aftermarket stereor with a facia adaptor, the easiest thing to do is just spray all of the center,that way it will all match

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
scottb said:
if u have an aftermarket stereor with a facia adaptor, the easiest thing to do is just spray all of the center,that way it will all match
till you want to sell it and put the standard radio back in :eek:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Noonster19 said:
njoy - looks good mate - is that carbon look at the top?
Carbon-look at the top, uhhh on the emergency button and on the cd-changer

simple but looks good :!:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
paul sxi said:
scottb said:
till you want to sell it and put the standard radio back in :eek:

Just leave the adaptor in and take out ur headunit :p

thats the way mine went. u aint gonan get any more cash for a stero being in it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
was thinking of doing somet with the hazard switch myself. was thinking of maybe painting silver to match dash or gloss black to match vents and do all vents in gloss black? and then put a seperate LED in for the alarm and add a small irmscher sticker above on the hazard switch? what do you think? wanted to paint he dash bit above the speedo silver but it ain't a 100% match so might look cheap, but might look good gloss black? its a silver c so what do you reckon?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts