Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my mate has ask me to ask if n e one from here could do a smd conversion on his dash and all the other lights on his corsa d vrx thanks pm if you no n e one what can or if you want to do it and how much it will cost thanks

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
SMD = suck my ****

what the eck is a SMD conversion lol

on a serious note, ask on vxronline or corsa-d|UK

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what i said i fought it was a led conversion but he said nar it is called that so just sayin what he said

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
SMD = surface mount diode iirc

your best off just using LED's tbh.

SMD's would take alot of work to make them work and look good imo.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
u need smd's for the CD30 and usually other stereos if he wanted that doing too. i agree about just using DIP leds (standard 3mm/5mm leds) for the rest. the 509t and t5 push fit ones

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks for the help goin to pass all on what you said and he can go froom there thanks :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
463 Posts
iirc you cant just use LED's on interior lights on corsa vxr and astra vxr as they both use these SMD's (surface mounted diodes) they need to be taken out and the new ones soldered into place, its a pretty long process and people do conversions over on vxronline.co.uk for around the £150 mark. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
they charge £150 a pop, i should do that, SMD's are a peice of piss to work with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts