Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smoke keep coming through heater vents on left Side leaving the left Side of my cars Windows all misty. It isn't condensation as heaters don't get rid of it and when wiping it feels thicker and sticky almost. Right Side of car is fine, heaters work fine, pollen filter has been changed, fuse has been checked. Please help as I can't find any answers on here and driving with half my Windows in winter is getting ridiculous. Any help appreciated and I have tried to find another similar post for answers but couldn't find any. Lemar

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah multiple times but as soon as the smoke starts again the left Side Windows get covered and back to square one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The smoke? Yeah I can see it come through whatever vent I set it on over the left Side of the car but even if I set the vents to the floor the smoke/steam/powder/stuff still comes through the windscreen vent from the left. I'm going to check the heater fan that's behind the glovebox when I get chance as the only other thing I can think of is the motor for the fan is smoking. Oh forgot to mention I've checked the heater matrix for leaks and none to report (incase coolant was somehow getting into the vents)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could something have got past the old pollen filter and be stuck by that fan causing it to smoke? I might just remove the fan and motor and see if smoke is still there coming from where I removed the fan and motor? That's all I can think of

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, that's why it is so confusing and I keep thinking the fan as its on the Side the problem is. Random question, how does the heater matrix and fan create heat? Is it just the heater matrix warms up and the fan sucks the hot air around the matrix into the vent system

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I think the fan is before the matrix, so blows cool air into the matrix, doesn't suck hot air from the matrix iirc.

Does it also work when the temperature setting is cold? Doesn't that divert the matrix all together?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a bit comes out when it's set on cold, but driving for hours a day in these cold conditions just isn't fun either

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am loosing coolant but I've had the area around the heater matrix open while engine is on with heaters at full wack and I couldn't see any leaks around. So confused but appreciate all the ideas and advice

·
Registered
432 Posts
All it takes is a pin hole leak and once you put the blower on it sprays like steam/mist thro your vent,taste the liquid/residue it leaves on the window,if it's a bitter taste then it's coolant

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could a leak from the engine bay do this and come through the vents or should I focus on the heater matrix and the pipes connected?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Only place it could come in is from the engine bay would be thro the pollen/cabin filter,I would say this is very likely not your problem,I could be wrong tho

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.