Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinkin of doin a bit of blending on my corsa.

Anyone done this, how hard is it? ive got plenty of time on my hands ovr the summer.

cataloy n loads of sandpaper required anything else.

Gettin it professionally sprayed tho. I just want to save some costs, an also i wouldn mind givin it a bash.

thinkin of blending in my rear skirt like this


heres my front that badly needs done

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,060 Posts
piece of piss mate.

all u will need is sum filler from loca motor place or halfords...

i smoothed in a few sets of mirrors etc and have repaird my old psg bumpers before aswell....

basically, just follow the instructions on the tin and take ur time. the more time u spend sanding it down and getting it perfect, the better it will look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
piece of piss mate.
???

I took my car down to 'Calder Coach Crafts' at the wknd. Was speakin to the main man Peter. He says that they would never blend any car with cataloy, they only use fiberglass, apparently it would begin to crack after a few weeks with the vibrations. Cataloy is only any good as a filler.

Scott i guess it would be ok to cataloy the mirrors as you had done. Although at Calders they showed me a car that was in and they even used fibreglass to blend the mirrors onto the baseplate.

Its goin to cost me big time to have this done. £100 extra for the front and another hunderd for the rear. That is an extra cost and does not include spraying.

I suppose i'll jus pay n have it done right, dont want to have to pay double!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,060 Posts
corsaboy said:
piece of piss mate.
???

I took my car down to 'Calder Coach Crafts' at the wknd. Was speakin to the main man Peter. He says that they would never blend any car with cataloy, they only use fiberglass, apparently it would begin to crack after a few weeks with the vibrations. Cataloy is only any good as a filler.

Scott i guess it would be ok to cataloy the mirrors as you had done. Although at Calders they showed me a car that was in and they even used fibreglass to blend the mirrors onto the baseplate.

Its goin to cost me big time to have this done. £100 extra for the front and another hunderd for the rear. That is an extra cost and does not include spraying.

I suppose i'll jus pay n have it done right, dont want to have to pay double!

sorry, but i thot i mentioned fiberglass.

I used fiberglass on the mirrors and also on the bumpers.

oh and another thing, u cant smooth with fiberglass as it is hard as **** to get smooth.

u would need to use fiberglass to fill the gap then put filler ontop/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,060 Posts
oh, and 100 quiod a bumper to get it smoothed in is not a "big cost"

when u think about all the time that goes into getting the bumper perfectly smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
scottb said:
oh, and 100 quiod a bumper to get it smoothed in is not a "big cost"

when u think about all the time that goes into getting the bumper perfectly smooth.
Scottb is right! To do the job right will take a few hours sanding and patience so £100 not a massive amount!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes im just goin to book it in to have it done. Cheers guys. 550 for the lot. thats front bumper blended and sprayed, rear extension blended and sprayed. Skirts sprayed and front grille sprayed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,148 Posts
You not doing the rest of the mirrors while you're on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i didnt think it was worth it sprayin the standard ones, 50quid each to spray as they need to be dismantled. Alternative electric heated mirrorrs are well expensive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,148 Posts
Yeah, why you say that 15?

Hey MM you passed a grand :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
u do realise that blue car has been photoshopped. did you do it or fing pic on net?
NO IT HASNT!

I was speakin to graeham at Donny, sound lad, n love that car. He done all the blending & spraying work himself. Good hob!
Future fast car Feature he sais. those pics are old. Hes got his bucket seats trimmed in leather etc.

I think he's a partner in Domlane motorsport.

www.domlanemotorsport.co.uk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,060 Posts
corsaboy said:
u do realise that blue car has been photoshopped. did you do it or fing pic on net?
NO IT HASNT!

I was speakin to graeham at Donny, sound lad, n love that car. He done all the blending & spraying work himself. Good hob!
Future fast car Feature he sais. those pics are old. Hes got his bucket seats trimmed in leather etc.

I think he's a partner in Domlane motorsport.

www.domlanemotorsport.co.uk
aye future fast car feature if he sorts out the state of it.

was all sccratched plus the boot had bubbly bits in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
NO IT HASNT!

I was speakin to graeham at Donny, sound lad, n love that car. He done all the blending & spraying work himself. Good hob!
Future fast car Feature he sais. those pics are old. Hes got his bucket seats trimmed in leather etc.

I think he's a partner in Domlane motorsport.

www.domlanemotorsport.co.uk
sorry, but if you look just below the numberplate it looks blended via photoshop.

apologies if it hasnt.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top