Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a facelift bumper comming through soon and have been told its gonna cost about £80 to get is sprayed star silver (as its black sapphire atm)

Now i wanna do something with it and not just be boring :lol:

So the plan is to get the rub strips smoothed in and then painted. Then at a later date (when i can afford it) get an irmy splitter and get that smoothed in too.

Ive had a quote of £185 to smooth the bump strips and paint it, quite expensive i think :(

So do i have a bash at doing it my self ? Ive used fibreglass and filler before and am fairly good with it (i think :lol: ). What would i need to do? Wack fibreglass in the hole, smooth it, then filler it and smooth all down? Then take it to a body shop to be sprayed?

Any info anyone has would be great :thumbs:

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Ive got a facelift bumper comming through soon and have been told its gonna cost about £80 to get is sprayed star silver (as its black sapphire atm)

Now i wanna do something with it and not just be boring :lol:

So the plan is to get the rub strips smoothed in and then painted. Then at a later date (when i can afford it) get an irmy splitter and get that smoothed in too.

Ive had a quote of £185 to smooth the bump strips and paint it, quite expensive i think :(

So do i have a bash at doing it my self ? Ive used fibreglass and filler before and am fairly good with it (i think :lol: ). What would i need to do? Wack fibreglass in the hole, smooth it, then filler it and smooth all down? Then take it to a body shop to be sprayed?

Any info anyone has would be great :thumbs:

Thanks.

Yep mate thats pretty much all u have to do ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
So its ok to just stick fibreglass in the hole and hope for the best :lol:

And i dont need to put any thing else in there to fill it up a bit first?

I take it i need to key it all up first with a low grit paper?

hmmm i would probs use 2k fibreglass, p38, then flat it, primer, then flat with water..... so its smooth as;)

n yea i would key it before

·
Banned
819 Posts
i've found when just throwing fibreglass in then it will crack, the way i smooth out things like this is by plastic welding in section from and old bumper into the holes left from the bumpstrips

also i can smooth out bumpstrips and paint bumper for £120

·
Registered
15,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've found when just throwing fibreglass in then it will crack, the way i smooth out things like this is by plastic welding in section from and old bumper into the holes left from the bumpstrips

also i can smooth out bumpstrips and paint bumper for £120
Yeah thats what i though :(

You own a bodyshop then? Or do everything yourself?

£120 sounds very good, but is it top notch perfect work ? + i would have to pay postage to you and back for another £20 :(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts