Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

701 - 720 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
Ahh one of the few threads I come back on here for. Gutting about the initial failure, but looking forward to seeing all the plans unfold :yummy:

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
HKS gave me a pretty good compromise considering my new plans. Originally they wanted to replace everything but they listened to my plans and gave me a brand new stroker kit to sell on which I've got a lot of interest for and compensation for my block as they were going to replace that, but a new block would've been useless

335 charger is gone
Clutch and flywheel are gone
One of the heads from the engine was sent to a guy in Canada lol
Still got a fair few bits left that I need to shift ASAP
Fair play to HKS.
Pleased to hear :)

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
I've been ITCHING to play with the car since she's been home, but haven't really had the time and the parts I do have to fit all came with an issue of some sort...

Finally got round to fitting my rails to my Sparco Circuit II bucket seat

I was ready to take the drivers seat out and put this in but remembered that Nev who is doing my V8 conversion is a rather large chap....he might get stuck! So I think I'll hold off on that

I decided to fit my NRG steering wheel, quick release and hub, but realised that I'd ordered the wrong bloody hub!*It was too short to fit over the plug for the airbag on the clock spring, but @tarmac*sorted me out by sending me the correct part! Such a gem *

I sent the wheel off to be retrimmed in suede with purple stitching and I'm really pleased with the result*

And then installed it today, love how it matches the colour of the interior

It sticks out a fair bit further than the OEM wheel, but I like having it close to me when driving, especially on track. The steering rake is fully out towards me with this picture taken, so can adjust it to a nice distance

And then removed the wheel using the quick release so no one can nick it whilst the car is on my driveway

Engine and supercharger are finally finished. Rotrex took their sweet time making the charger which has delayed the whole project by nearly a month. Will be getting some pictures of all that next weekend

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #704
Yesterday involves a 470mile round trip to see the guys in action at TSS and also collect one of my favourite mods for the car so far*

We originally ordered this towards the end of last year, only to be told that the mould wasn't right and it could take up 6 months for it to be rectified! So I got my money back and waited for updates. Gladly, Chris @ @tarmac*messaged me about 6 weeks ago, money was paid again and the waiting game began...I had to collect it from Chris as we didn't want to send it through the UK parcel network with it being such a large and fragile item - thankfully it's in PERFECT condition

AMS VIS Racing carbon bootlid*:love:

Time for a test fit. Old boot off

New boot on

Absolutely LOVE it! Couple of shots from the same angles to compare before and after

Fitment is basically perfect, just a shame they forgot to cut the whole on the underside of the boot where the wiring grommet goes so I've got to find someone that can cut carbon nicely for me now, as I don't dare touch this with anything sharp!

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #708
Ooooooh look what turned up today

Rotrex supercharger which should be pushing around 1bar of boost to the V8 for upwards of 450bhp! Next step is to bolt this onto the engine and start playing with pipework to find the best routes and space for this to fit

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #709 (Edited)
Had a few more goodies arrive during the week. New LUKE harnesses in purple

And test fitted on the seat that remains in my front room...

And paid Nev at Driftmoto a visit to catch up. The Rotrex charger is...errrmm...LARGE!

Designed to produce about 1 bar which should be good for 450bhp and 400ftlbs minimum! :lol:

We've set a target for end of May to have her finished. I'm taking the last week in May off to lend a hand with whatever I can.

Nev at Driftmoto has put plenty of 1UZ's into numerous different cars, but never something this new with a complicated CANBUS system. We've got a speciality wiring place doing the looms and electronics for us so our job is the manual labour and custom fabrication of mounts, exhaust routing etc. Nev is a top guy and I think he's actually more excited than I am about this! Not long now

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #713
Couple more goodies turned up today courtesy of Abbey Motorsport

Kaaz 1.5 way LSD

MFactory 4.67 final drive

And also took the front bumper off the car to be resprayed while the car is having the swap done

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
Today was the big day! Been waiting for this for so long, I can't explain how excited I am!

Loaded and ready to be taken to her new home for the next few weeks

This is what we had to start with...an empty, lonely engine bay

But within an hour, we had a mock engine block and BMW gearbox made up ready for test fitting in the car

We were very happy at the initial fitment, having compared the OEM box to the BMW box and worrying how much taller the BMW gearbox is that it wouldn't fit in the narrow gearbox tunnel. But with a bit of jiggery-pokery, we got it in a position where we were happy that everything would sit and mount very nicely.

The ONLY modification we have made to get this to fit as we wanted was to take the sound deadening and the 2 spot welded sections either side of the tunnel to make it slightly wider at the top

Once these were removed, it's almost like it was made to fit

Next up was designing some engine mounts using the existing holes in the subframe obviously. These will be fabricated over the next day or so along with the gearbox mount so the initial position is sorted much quicker than we first thought.

We've decided to get rid of the A/C*to make room for the Rotrex supercharger. I never ever use it and as well as freeing up some room, it will allow us to use the A/C radiator for something else

All in all, a really successful and exciting day. We've got the engine, gearbox and sump all to fit very nicely and have pretty much planned the position, routing of piping, wiring etc for everything else. Mounts will be the next big thing to secure everything into place and then it's onto plumbing and wiring

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #716
Engine and gearbox mounts basically finished today. The BMW box sits about 40mm short compared to the OEM box, so we've made the remote shifter a bit longer to accommodate for this. But apart from that, we're very surprised and pleased with how everything fits

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #720
Another busy day was spent taking out the interior, test fitting the bucket seats, creating a mount for the 5 strap on my harnesses to bolt onto and obviously continuing with the engine

Seat just about fits!

Engine mounts are finished and sent off to the powder-coaters to be made a little prettier.

Gearbox mount is also finished, you can see where we've used the original mounts that we chopped off and welded back into the tunnel a bit further back for the BMW box.

Both the OEM and BMW box have the same mount for the shifter, just needs to be made a little longer due to the BMW box being around 2 inches shorter

So engine block and gearbox are all mounted in position, next was to start drawing up ideas for the location and mounting point of the supercharger, oil reservoir and lines for the charger, inlet and outlet pipes for the supercharger and routing for pipes for air filter and intercooler

Nev and Lee will be continuing to work hard on the car over the next few weeks and I'll be popping in whenever I can to help out and get updates. All coming together nicely!*

701 - 720 of 756 Posts