Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

721 - 740 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
crikey, think a book should be made once this is finished, great work mate, if my corsa chain, gearbox or head gasket goes..can u fix it for me...oops your in surrey 450 miles away lol

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
Been a bit quiet recently, but that doesn't mean no progress!

This is where we're at so far:

Engine built
Manual gearbox adapter plate finished
BMW 6 speed gearbox mounted to the engine
Engine and gearbox mounts finalised and powder coated
Rotrex supercharger mount made
Upgraded driveshafts (capable of 600bhp) fitted
Kaaz 1.5 way differential fitted into OEM diff housing
OEM propshaft cut down to size
Injector looms made and ECU almost finished
We are almost there! We're just finishing off the ECU connections to the dash, pipework for the supercharger and waiting for the chargecooler to arrive as well. Not much left to do before we start her up for the first time*

Also picked up my front bumper after having the holes in the number plate filled in and a full respray to get rid of all the stonechips I've picked up. Local bodyshop did an amazing job as always. I was tempted to take the whole car there to get everything done but it's not a priority right now

Test fitting the new coloured badge which has been sitting in the garage since I had the interior sprayed

Wouldn't even be able to tell there were holes in the bumper previously

We're still aiming to have her completed for a show on 26th June...time is tight but we're still confident

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
looks amazing cant wait to see further updates

not gonna lie i actually loved the stickers! :lol:

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #732
So as above, we've been really unfortunate with some parts recently. Just seems that everything we order, either is out of stock, turns up broken or faulty...not fun!

On a more positive note, there really isn't a lot left to do. It's a case now of:

Finishing the pipework for the supercharger
Finishing off exhaust manifolds
Fitting and configuring ECU
Not a lot in terms of a list but fairly time consuming jobs nonetheless

I've had to put off various shows throughout the year which is slowly killing me, so I made the decision to go all out for a really promising show called "Gravity" based at Stoneleigh Park near Coventry. It's organised by Slammed UK and was basically a selection of hand picked cars for the show, so the standards were high. With the hotel being booked months ago, we got the engine and gearbox mounted so*I wasn't going to miss this one!

This meant an EXTREMELY long weekend consisting of hiring a transporter*from near Gatwick and collecting the car from Brands Hatch

Taking it over to my friend near Heathrow for good clean

And then back to mine near Croydon. Saturday was then spent*failing to fit some new parts due to the battery finally giving up after 9 months of no charge, changing the wheels over and driving up to the show Saturday night to drop the car off in the main event hall

Adam was at the same hotel as me so with the girls we had a great evening over some good food and many many many many beers.

The show itself was fantastic. So well organised and the standard of cars was amazing. Needless to say I got some attention by arriving on the back of a transporter and everyone commended me for the determination to get my car there which made it even more worth while

The best part of the whole show was just seeing people's confused faces as they looked in the engine bay. The V8, particularly with it's new colourful rocker covers, is very striking and gets people asking sorts of questions. I just can't wait to finally get her up and running!

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
The last few weeks have been extremely frustrating. Numerous parts have either been delayed or arrived faulty/damaged - our luck is just so bad at the moment it's unbelievable

However, we are still making slow and steady progress. A sneaky picture I was sent earlier today of the finished exhaust system

Nev is doing everything he can as quickly as he can. He's just as frustrated as me at the delays which have been out of our control and wants to get this finished before end of August. Finger's crossed no more delays!

·
Registered
50,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
I feel an update is needed. Progress has been slow recently which has lead me to realise that I've been giving Nev a little bit too much of an easy ride and have put some pressure on him to get things finished

Whilst his work is absolutely top notch and he's a lovely guy, he's unfortunately a victim of his own success and has little projects popping up all the time which means he gets distracted from his larger projects like mine. Whilst I completely understand that he has to do these little bits to make money and keep his good reputation, I've made it clear that he needs to prioritise.

We agreed that he will make a list of what is left to do and also give me a deadline that he is comfortable with, which has been set for the end of October. If this deadline is missed, I have made it clear that I'll no longer be able to recommend his services and may even have to go as far as removing credit from him when it comes to the numerous magazine features which are lined up. He's recognised this and we're finally making some good progress again - fingers crossed for end of October!

One minor setback has been that we're using a 6 speed box from an E90 BMW instead of the typical 5 speed from an E46. Whilst the casing is almost identical, we've recently found that the flywheel is 10mm short of the clutch...10 sodding millimetres! So we need to jig up a new adapter plate linking the box and engine together, just 10mm thinner than before. Not a massive issue but still a small set back

Wiring is basically all done, so we're hoping to finally start the engine and commence testing in the next week or so

·
Registered
781 Posts
this has been an amazing thread..well done mate..appreciate the hard tactics you took telling the guy, and he agrees with your comments...great car...:doublethumbs:anyway, i'm away to look out the window at my 1.2 sxi +....

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
sounds good mate cant wait to see it, one of the only reasons i pop back on here

721 - 740 of 756 Posts