Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok can someone please recommend which of these headunits will best suit my needs!

sony:

f7000
f7500
f7700

I am looking to hookup a nice sub and a few 6x9s to a head unit, i also want to connect my ipod through an aux on the rear of the unit so i will not really require mp3 playback on the HU.

I am going to buy theHU from america as its like over 50% cheaper! I am looking at the sony explod f7000, f7500, f7700, can someone recommend which of these will best suit my req? I dont really understnand the difference between the three versions.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Right, firstly if you buy it from the states, your radio won't work here, and secondly you'll need to add VAT and then Import Duty, so it aint necessarily that much cheaper for a product that doesn't work here!

The top of the range FF7700 has 4V pre-outs and multi colour lighting. therefore the most powerful setup for an amp, if you buy the right one! Next one down is the FF7500, which Chewy has. Still a cracking unit, just it's got 2V pre-outs to suit most amps, and comes backlit in red.

The F7000 is the baby of the bunch without MP3 facilities, 2V pre-outs and single colour illumination.

Personally I'd forget about the I-pod all together in the car, they are made for walking/jogging etc and NOT as a car accessory.

Go and buy the FF7700 if you are going to amp it up loud, or the FF7500 if you are going run of the mill amps. Oh and buy it here. The FF7700 is only £200 which for it's features and output is a very good price.

K

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks cash.

firstly ur comments on the radio not working in the UK ive been told different things! one person said the radio would not work but other people say that ony the rds will not work! When you look at the detailed info on the american HU it mentions fm frequencies that are the same as the UK! i am almost certain 100% that the frequencies are in fact the same!

the radio i beliver supports 88 and 108 on fm which is the same around the globe.

As for the ipod i am sick of having to change cds all the time i am simply going to put the car dock for thr ipod into the call and enjoy having over 15k songs.

Thank you for the explination on the HU? if i were to buy from america off ebay there is virtually no diff in price between the 7000 and the 7500 so i think i might go for the 7500!

Let me know your thoughts on the frequency comment

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Just through experience, these two countries use a different bandwidth, but if the one from the states uses the 88 to 108 bandwidth which is the same as this country, then you should be ok.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
the 7500 is only £198 might find them cheaper if you shop around.anyway iv'e seen them on e bay for £140 but then there is £35 del fee and import tax to pay so you might aswell buy one here

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw it going for £98 on ebay for the F7700 and same for the f7500, i just need to wait around again for the right deal to come along! Import duty does not always have to be paid...so if i can get the HU and delivery for around 120 then its worth risking the import duties which will only be £20-40. has anyone had experience with buying and installing a us cd player in a car..?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
worth a gamble then at that price the f7700 is the one to get.i'm pretty sure that they work ok.might be worth trying to find the technical spec on a u.s website and see if the radio does work on our frequency

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah tried to find some tech info but finding it difficult. all i was able to determine was that cars imorted from japan need a radio converter due to them being a diff freq. US, Uk and Aus all use the same frequency but i will look into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts