Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a set of Spax RSX Coilovers on 12th jan and they were supose to be here on the 13th but due to the heavey snow they come on the 14th jan so i signed for them etc and took them into my garage and took them outta the plain cardboard box and this is what i was left with

i didnt take any pics of the dampers and springs as i didnt really think about it was to excited :D
i took my car up my mates house on the sunday morning so we could fit them and everything was fine until my mate cross-threaded my rear axle where the bolt goes into :banghead:

i manage to get it home and when i woke up the M14 bolt was in my drive :lol:
so i searched everywhere monday i managed to get it booked into my other mates garage for tuesday and they managed to fix it with a heli-coil which cost me £60 which wernt bad as i was there for hour and 45 minutes

the only pic i got of it from the side(ish) with my new wheels on is this one you can see it was pretty high

The car has had a few changes since that pic aswell
Sri lowers
Sri mirrors
Sri spoiler
Black angel eyes

didnt take any pics before i lowered it either so when i managed to get the M14 bolt back into the axle so i could drive it to the garage i took a pic of what the height was like standard on a jack :lol:

standard height

lowered 60mm-70mm

Thats just been let down from the jack so the rear springs aint settled yet either so hopefully it will go couple mm lower in a week or so :D

the front is only around 30mm (aint got no pics but you all know what its like) lower as the wheel rubs slighty over bumps so im waiting for them to settle so i can lower it more as if i lower it around 40mm and it settles it would be around 50mm and it would be to low :\

Sneaky pic of the rear spring damper on the ramps

soon as it stops raining and when i go out tonight ill take a few side pics of the car and some more in 3-4 days when iv lowered the front abit more

ino its only the rear at the mo and the car is stinking but soon as they settle ill get better pics up and hopefully be lower and much cleanner :cool:

I got a set of 50w 8k HID's coming tomorrow so ill update this thread when there fitted ;)

Good and bad comments welcome :thumbs:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woke this morning to find these :doublethumbs:

then they looked like this

There 50w 8k from hid's direct

so 9:30 this morning i went out and started to fit them :)
was pretty wet and cold but i was on a misson, after taking my car apart to get the angel's out and all the drilling and cutting etc put them back on the car and tested them they worked fine etc so let them run for a while (10mins-15mins) and fitted my SRi grilles that been sitting in my garage since the 20th dec :\

put the bumper back on and it looked like this

then after i give the interior a good clean (2 hours in the end) i decided to do my hazzard switch black
so i took it apart and got to work this is how it ended up

then when i was looking at the front and thought everything have changed bar the V grille so i took that off and done that black aswell :D
heres how it turned out

Night come so thought id get a few pics of them in action :love:

took this in direct view of the right headlight to show how bright they are and one against my garage doors :)

i :love: them tbh sooo much better than standard bulbs iv had a couple of kids telling me to dim my lights 10mins after i went out with them on :lol:

thinking about gettin them for my highbeam as you cannot see my crappy highbeam bulbs when there on :\

should have some pics of the front on sunday after i lower it more as they would of settled alot since they been fitted :D

next mods are

Irmy grille with alu strip
curpa r splitter
an maybe an autobra bonnet bra :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
where u get them from and r they any good?
i had them from motorsportworld was on offer nearly £200 cheaper than most places :p
there awsome tbh handles like a go-kart with just these on there
the car is soo much stiffer aint got any bodyroll at all,
i moved in my seat when i slung it into a corner to see what there like :love:
next mod for me are buckets to hold me in :lol:
looks nice bud, i've ordered a set of these aswell so hopefully mines will look good :) i take it they are easy enough to fit ?

not sure if its the picture but the spring doesnt look right in the last pic, might be cause its on the ramp
good buy buddy there amazing tbh handle really well with them on they will deffo look good ;)
took around 2 hrs to fit them fronts took the longest back are piss easy just dont cross thread the bolt like my mate did :lol:
yeah its coz its up on a ramp thought id take a pic while its high up in the air to get a good shot of them :)

Ok about the height, but what about the ride?Are these coilies any good?I am considering trackday use too...
i love the stance on it no arch gap ftmw :thumbs:
going to get a little lower aswell :love:
ride is better than my standard set up when there on the softest setting and the rear are on 21 outta 28 (hardest setting) and its still a good ride and yes there very good collies :D

would be good for track use when you get them corner weighted ;)

Look good buddy :)
Ta bud :doublethumbs:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
14,089 Posts
Coming along nicely mate, great choice of coilies :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coming along nicely mate, great choice of coilies :thumbs:
Thanks buddy :)
There great glad i bought them now

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So much for "Next Day Delivery" with HID's Direct.!!!

Hopefully they will be here tomorrow :D

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ta fellas HID's should be here tomorrow if they aint im gonna give them a ring and ******* them as its "Next day delivery"
:roll:

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
50w 8k from hids direct buddy :thumbs:

you'll see them at feb meet ;)

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
pretty sure you cant have them in full beam because when you flash it damages the ballasts. looking good though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts