Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im looking at getting a system for my van, obviously i cant have a subwoofer etc in so i want some gooood quality sound system

Do you think its worth getting some Components amped + some 6x9's in a small cabin or will the components amped be enough?

If so does anyone know a gooood Component + amp package i hear the SPL Dynamics 6.1 with the JBL amp is a good setup but looks a bit cheap, is there anything anyone knows that would be a good good setup?

(p.s - would like the speakers to have a little bit of bass in the speakers lol)

Want really crisp decent sound as i listen to Electro + Dance music

Cheers

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what amp shud i get for these? :)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont really have a budget just something sensible.. Not like 300 pound speakers.. summat like £100 for speakers £100 for amp... dont really know lol

Just spec me something up thats not toooo crazy expensive and we'll see :p

and / or spec me something up thats quite cheap aswell lol like the SPL's with JBL

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Right if it were me, I would put a set of components in the front and if there is NO possibilty of a sub whatsoever, then I would add some 6x9s either on the rear bulkhead if it has one, or in some boxes placed somewhere...

The reason I say this is because just by adding 1 set of components alone wont give you tons of mid-bass which is essentially what you need for your music...6x9's can fill that gap for you!

I would power the whole lot off a 4channel amp or just amp the components and run the 6x9's off the headunit to save a bit of cash...

Amps wise check out;

Rockford R300-4
Rockford R150-2
Armageddon 2080
Kicker ZX1502
Cerwin Vega 250.2

Components wise

Diamond D1
CDT CL62.5
Kicker DS
MTX 652s

Personally I wouldnt go for the SPL's but thats my opinion...

teamSPB

·
Registered
343 Posts
What van is it??

We've had 3 12" 1200 watt subs, 2 sets of 6x9's & 2 sets of components in a Peugeot Partner van. 3 1000 watt amps & some power caps. DVD/Freeview headunit an still used it for work with next to no load area loss.

G

·
What van is it??

We've had 3 12" 1200 watt subs, 2 sets of 6x9's & 2 sets of components in a Peugeot Partner van. 3 1000 watt amps & some power caps. DVD/Freeview headunit an still used it for work with next to no load area loss.
why 6x9s when you have had 3 subs and power caps ftl

G

·
Because subs are no good for vocals bone head.

FYI, the power caps were there because it kept killing alternators, an at night the headlights would dim out when bass peaked.
firstly subs are for bass

6x9s mids

componets have MIDS AND HIGHS c0ck so firstly no need for 6x9s you had mids with the components :slap:

then why didnt you use deep cycle batterys would of worked better for headlight dimming , and upgraded the tb3 would of helped aswell

·
Registered
343 Posts
firstly subs are for bass

6x9s mids

componets have MIDS AND HIGHS c0ck so firstly no need for 6x9s you had mids with the components :slap:

then why didnt you use deep cycle batterys would of worked better for headlight dimming , and upgraded the tb3 would of helped aswell
I know subs are for bass you retard. And FYI there was all the need for 6x9's as you could hear it in the sound clarity when in the vehicle with the doors shut. With just the components the vocals seemed very high pitch & not very clear at peak volume (recorded at 118dB IIRC)

Deep cycle batterys my ass, it was all bought from eBay second hand for no other reason then "wht the fcuk not", you must be mnissing something, it was a works van not a sound off car.

BTW, it wasnt even my van, so dont get ****ty with me with your ghey hat sound system tat.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Rockford Fosgate IIRC? Works van, not car. Why the fcuk not was the reason. Why put aftermarket parts on a road car?

Subs were some cheap things AFAIK? Cant remember what the rest was (this was done like 2004?)

EDIT: The link to the battery thread, informative maybe, yet no one seems to have grasped the fact the power caps are merly capacitors, they work the same as a strip light "starter". And also make handy tasers.....And there an ideal fix for £20 second hand IMO. (not doubting the thread or nothing in it, just merely saying like - i dont do stereo. I do engines, carbs & cams. None of this electronic BS)

G

·
Rockford Fosgate IIRC? Works van, not car. Why the fcuk not was the reason. Why put aftermarket parts on a road car?

Subs were some cheap things AFAIK? Cant remember what the rest was (this was done like 2004?)
right well you had the right equipment in rockford fosgate.

well why say it was a works van why u said it was a works van not a sound of car so why do it to a works van, you cna get great sounded audio with having ONE sub and ONE set of components amped up :doublethumbs:

This is funny go Mike let him avit..............PMSL

caps and 6x9s = door stops and ash trays............LOL

Brad
:lol: pmsl i might get a power cap maybe a mircale for the system im installing :lol:

need a new paper weight so might go buy one :doublethumbs:

G

·
if it was a works car why have it all in :lol: pmsl
stop it. my vans on the verge of completion
:lol: your van sounds epic mate i need to see some pics tbh will drop you a pm got some tiny progress on mine

anyways sorry fort he hijack on the thread mate if you look at whast teamspb has posted pm him he should be able to spec you a top quality system for your budget:doublethumbs:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts