Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont really have a notion about the whole ice thing but im lookin sum good tunes

First off what size of speakers fits the front of the corsa c? 17cm is it?

Secondly what would be a good set of front speakers and component kit an all? infinity any gud?

I see an odd person has like a wee box at the front connected to the speakers, i know im soundin stupid but what is that an whats it do??

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Thats the crossover mate. You get these with all component speakers. Im not sure what they do, I think they split the sound to the mid bass and tweeter speakers.

Components are your best bet mate. You want a decent bass in the back, comps up front and amp them both up. And you wanna run all these off a decent head unit.

Yeah 17's fit in the front, with an Autoleads speaker adapter. WHats your budget and what music do you listen to?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Obviously depending on your budget will depend on what front speakers you want. Defo go for components.

Infinity Components
http://www.cel-direct.com/shop1.asp?s_page=http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=2257

Amp
http://www.cel-direct.com/detail.asp?ProductID=2257

With this setup you will get very loud, clear high quality sound. If you got more money to spend, just go for dearer components, the more you spend the better they will be.

I just bought some budget comps off eBay and I'm not overly pleased with them. Yet ScottC has bought the same ones and is chuffed with them, but he has amped his up. I may upgrade to these infinity comps in good time :)

Hope that helps mate
:thumbs:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Crossovers are just high and low pass filters to the respective speakers. It's pointless sending bass to a tweeter, or even high notes to a sub for example This box of tricks sorts it out and passes it on to the right place (If you've wired it right of course :lol: )

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If thats the case Ka$h how come in the C there is already tweeters and coax speakers in there, but with no crossovers? THe sound gets separated there to the tweeter and mid bass, but without a crossover- unless its behind the dash or summit?

I dont understand :?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Filters are in their simplest form RC networks (Resistor & capacitors)

On a standard you often find that the tweeters get the same feed as the mids in the door but have a filter soldered into them.

Quality components just give you the speaker and you sort out the filtering of signals yourself.

Clearer?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so do i need two amps? one for the front speakers and on for the subs?

Not really sure on my budget, just lookin somthing that will pump out sum good tunes without breakin the bank

I usually listen to dance, sumthing with a real beat but i also like a bita rock

I like the look of those infinity ones

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yeah they are very good components.

I'd go for them, and also a 12" sub or two 10" subs and amp these up too. I got a JL Audio sub and JL amp, they are top notch, cant go wrong with them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so do u need 2 amps for speakers and subs? for best sound like!

I was thinkin either 2 12" subs or 3 10" subs, not sure yet, maybe 2 12's!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Depends on your HU if it has two pre-outs. If you only have one pre-out the amp usually will power the rear and the HU will do the fronts. If two pre-outs, then best solution is two amps 1 front and 1 rear. The choice is up to you tho, as cost is obviously an issue. One or two is up to you. The crossover will just sort out a signal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
but wot about remote leads to the amp....i got already using one to power my amp but if i want to get another how do i get another remote lead? if ya get wot a meen?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Just piggy back the signal. You are already running power to the amp I assume, so the amp switch wire just tells the amp to power up and therefore draws very little current and should easily drive two amps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was thinkin of gettin 2 12" kicker square subs in(below), i think they would look sweet, these are 600w, now what would the best kinda amp be to power these boys? and do you's think two of these subs would sound good?

What im thinking off!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont really think there is any competition there, kicker all the way, though personally i wouldnt go for them at all. I would look at the RE range on www.caraudiodirect.co.uk the RE range are up there with the JL stuff and u get better figures for your money, so take a lil look at the RE stuff, i wanna get the XXX12 soon to kick some ass!

Make sure your subs are properly amped though, i spend loads on my system and wimped out and bought a cheaper sub, regreted it ever since!

J

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I take it this RE stuff is good, the stuff in that site doesnt tell ya what wattage an all the subs are? what kinda wattage does the 12's have in the re stuff?

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok here we go,

for the wattage:

RES-RE12V2 : 175rms

RES-SE12V4: 600rms

RES-HC12: 1200rms

RES-XXX12V3 1600rms

I havent included the MT range as that is more SPl specific, i guess everything depends on cost and what u can afford for your dollar

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
are comps with x-overs better? where do the x-overs fit cos i dont wanna cut up my doorcards :( :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yes chaz, they are better, read all of my comments above to understand them better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts