Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow owners, hope you’re all well :)

I have bought some 13cm speakers for the little whip and am just now finding out that I will need an ‘adapter’ for them to fit?

does anyone know of anyway to bypass the whole adapter thing...does anyone have an experience of just taking the old ones out and slotting the new ones in, I know the back ones are harder to get to ( that’s the one that is blown rear left ) and are hopefully the ones I can replace with no adapter. I also have some more speakers for the front...

any ideas would love to hear them

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The front speakers are 17cm or 6.5". The plastic adapters are under £10 on most selling pages Ebay etc. This is by far the simplest way to fit new speakers to the front doors of a Corsa C.
Not sure on the size of the rear speakers but think it is 13cm? I disconnect them, Only run fronts and a sub. You don't go to a concert and sit with your back to the stage.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
It might seem like a hack (literally) but a lot of YT "replacing the speaker" amateur vids; they just Stanley-knife out the original speaker and fix the replacement to the old bracket. Not neat, but I see why. My Focus Mk2 n/s rear speaker is a dud and they're riveted in. I have ST inner panels and improved speakers so I might as well get it properly done, but the slash 'n' stick method is an alternative if the going gets tough. That said, I believe the Corsa C and D are pretty easy and adaptors readily available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts