Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Wanting to upgrade my speakers in my Corsa E. I got retrofitted the Intellilink 4 head unit (Intellilink R3 to R4 Retrofit Kit (With R4.0 Unit)) and want to upgrade my speakers ( i beleive the itellilink has a higher output).

I understand the speakers are 17cm.

I notice my Corsa E has tweeters too in the top of the door handle, can anyone reccomend and good upgrades?

I dont have a Sub / Amp (would love one) but would struggle to install it myself, my expertise goes as far as installing some new speakers.

Cheers,
Alex

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
corsaz22se has been advising a C owner on speaker upgrades and the E is essentially the same thinking. The thread is quite recent but, if you can't see it, let me know and I'll search for it and link it in this thread.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Speakers depend on your budget.
So many to chose from. But yes they are 17cm or 6.5" Ideally you want some around 75-100 watts 4 ohm. Brands like Pioneer, Alpine and JL are all pretty good. Personally I am a JL fan but they are the more expensive brand with prices from £150 up to and over £2000 for a set where you will need a amp to run them.

As for a sub, there are plenty to chose from, some powered with built in amps and others where you need an external amp. If you are unsure I would recommend making an appointment with your local car audio retailer and see what they can offer. Most will be able to fit it all and set it up for you including the front speakers so you get the best set up that will work with your new radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts