Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid the balance for my Astra today and signed all the paperwork - drove about 12 miles towards home absolutely loving it - nice smooth derv cruising @ 60 in 6th no problem.

Drive onto a roundabout and indicate to exit it - press the accelerator and the car pretty much stops. One of the warning lights flashes once and the car enters limp home mode.

No turbo. No revs beyond 3000.

Cue a u-turn back to the garage absolutely crapping myself - pulling into laybys to let buses pass me because I can't go beyond 38mph in 4th gear on NSL roads. Very frightening joining large roundabouts at a snails pace.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2005 (55) 1.3 CDTI with 44k on the clock.

Won't be mine on Monday if it's a major problem though.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:( gutted mate :(
Tell me about it - I just couldn't believe it (still can't tbh) - sat at the side of the road with the hazards on before I turned around wondering if I was still asleep and it was a dream.

The ultimate car buyer's nightmare I guess - not even getting home!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gutted

but the 1.3 in an astra?
It's the 90PS variant from the Corsa D with the 6 speed box. Doesn't set the world on fire but it's fast enough for my needs if it works - I don't need speed I need a car that's cheap to run and doesn't break down (ahem...)

·
Registered
390 Posts
so it was a new car you picked up...not one that you'd got repaired that youd had a few months or w.e??

if you get that lol

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
sounds like the egr or swirl flaps, although im not sure if the smaller 1.3 has the same problems as my 1.9.

I cant imagine the 1.3 in the astra, ive drove the 1.4 petrol and it was as slow as a week in the jail

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Garage is taking the car back - collecting my refund on Thursday.

:heelclick::heelclick::heelclick:

Need to find another car now grrrr

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After collecting my refund they refused to admit there is a problem with the car. Wnakers imo.

DO NOT BUY SH55 NTL if you are looking for a 1.3 CDTI Astra.

Now bought a 1.6 petrol one, 2007 56. From a different dealer of course.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They denied the presence of a problem when I went back to collect my refund - yet the car - SH55NTL - SH55 NTL - VAUXHALL ASTRA CLUB CDTI 90 - was on the stocklist at an auction house the other day....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts