Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right lowered the car ages ago (well 2 months ago) and forgot to clip one sensor back in - it soon rubbed and as a result on came the abs light and not abs :( anyway clipped it back in and was away again - with no abs though.
anyway all has been peachy until tonight! - around 2 months down the line.
my spedo stopped working!!!! so took the wheels off and the sensor on the OTHER SIDE had come loose and rubbed, however it did not only go through the abs part but also through the speed sensor! so now i have no spedo :(
BUT the real problem is that the power steering works off the speed of your car - the faster you go the less responsive it become if that makes sense so at higher speeds sudden movements do not put you in the hedge. however as a result of not having a speedo my power steering remains really really really light and is so twitchy at higher speeds - so much so that im scared to drive it!!!
anyway phoned vx and they want £42 PER sensor!!!!! part number- 9115064. pic below.
where can i get one for cheaper? anyone know of a scrap corsa where they could get me one from. its gay as there are not good scrappy's round here :( so i cant just go get one.
please help,
cheers,
Matt

also my miles are not moving up, i do about 1000 miles a week an not of it is adding on :look:

·
Registered
147 Posts
i had the exact same problem.. the lad that put my lowering springs in forgot to clip the sensor back in!!

is your car not under warrenty??

When i took mine in they said they wouldnt fix it tho as it was my fault as i had lowered the car.. but lucky enough i knew a lad who was working there so he pursuaded them to do it under warrenty 4 me!!

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
I had the same problem with mine.

Didn't want to do it under warranty either. But I argued a lot and it got done for free.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had the exact same problem.. the lad that put my lowering springs in forgot to clip the sensor back in!!

is your car not under warrenty??

When i took mine in they said they wouldnt fix it tho as it was my fault as i had lowered the car.. but lucky enough i knew a lad who was working there so he pursuaded them to do it under warrenty 4 me!!
no mate took it in and he said was not covered as i void the suspension warranty by lowering it :(
looks like i may have to pay £80

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now posted in wanted section :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
now need both sides still :(
Yes, this is a HUGH uppage but I was wondering if the guys that had this problem got the work remedied free of charge by the people that done the suspension work on their cars? I ask as I had a spring replaced about a month ago and it would appear the garage forgot to put the sensor back in it's 'retainer' and now it's rubbed through to the bare metal giving me the symptoms described above.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, this is a HUGH uppage but I was wondering if the guys that had this problem got the work remedied free of charge by the people that done the suspension work on their cars? I ask as I had a spring replaced about a month ago and it would appear the garage forgot to put the sensor back in it's 'retainer' and now it's rubbed through to the bare metal giving me the symptoms described above.
i did the work on the surspention myself so had no one to go to and complain when they broke. but they should defo pay if it was there fault.
its crap when you are driving along at say 60 and the steering is like when you are still and really responsive to the4 slitest movement.

·
Registered
2005 Opel Corsa C 1.2 Twinport (Z12XEP)
4 Posts
Say the garage is not willing to fix the ABS sensor, it is really easy to fix yourself! Just a matter of taking off the wheel, removing the old sensor and connecting the new sensor. For a genuine Bosch sensor, I paid around €35. Here's a step-by-step video tutorial on replacing an ABS sensor on the Corsa C. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.