Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed me door strips but unfortunatly again like my corsa b im left with lines up the car where the paint has faded, only up one side though, still lokos shite though, stands out so much on a black car to. Il likely just spray the strips and put them back on again sometime but it looks so much better with them off.

So im just wondering how much it would cost spray the panels & would ya have to spray the whole panels?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
chances r yes they spray alot to make sure colour matches, shouldnt cost you too much mate altho sayin that im stingy anyway, bout £150

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
How old was your car when you took them off?????

I have a 51 plate silver corsa and dont know whether i should take them off or not because of the paint fading........... :?

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've got the same problem though mine doesn't stand out too much luckily! When I get round to getting my front bumper sorted out, I'm going to ask the garage nicely to t cut it for me.

I'd t cut it myself but I don't trust myself, I'm liable to make it a lot worse! :lol:

·
Registered
729 Posts
This has been mentioned several times on this site and I'm a bit confused?! Surely the paint underneath the strip wouldn't be faded would it? The rst of the paint on the car maybe but the bit under the strip would be darker as it hasn't been exposed to UV.

If anything, it's most likely to be adhesive still on the paintwork isn't it?? I maybe wrong of course! :?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Same has happened to me on a 2004 facelift corsa but they are not tht noticable..might be able to buff it out once the dimondbrite has worn off...hopefully

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You could always try getting a machine polish. This often helps bring the paint back to life a bit, but it can't be guaranteed.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
What colour are your cars????????

My corsa is silver so i doubt it would show up that much. :? :? :?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yeah exactly the same has happened to me guys. But luckily I have some primed strips ready to spray to go back on.

Here's a picture for everyone. I think you can just about see it. It's funny cos the passenger side of the car is fine, it's just the drivers side :?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its my passenger side which is really bad, although there is a bit of a line down my drivers side but it aint all that noticable unless u look really hard

im gunna try and polish it up a bit tonight maybe, likely wont do anything though

Mines black so it really shows up, its such a ***** how that happens!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts