Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how i can get a good shiny finish,cos im bout to do my arches but when i did my bump strips i idnt get a great finish on them?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i no but compressors aint cheap! :( i wud buy one but where can i buy black sapphire paint in 1 litre cans,and i dont know to much bout mixing the paint with the thinners n ****? :?

sum1 plz help or put up a tutorial(red sxi)sum1?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You can use cans on the arches as they arent a very large surface to paint onto, obviously a compressor would be ideal however it makes no sense to buy one that your only gonna use once, the quality of your work depends more upon the prep work than it does upon your method of painting! that doesnt mean to say though, that you could do a good job with a paint brush :lol:

I painted my spoiler myself using cans i got from vauxhall (tiny things they are), not exactly a small area to paint and the finish wasnt great either, just seemed really dull, with some useful tips from red_sxi im confident about making it much better! if you cant b bothered and instead of buying the stuff yourself, just get a bodyshop to do it, saves so much hassle and your pretty much garaunteed the perfect finish, Red-sxi might do it for you at a discounted price if you ask him...will be cheaper than buying all the paint and spray guns etc

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i bought one i would definately use it again probally c/c my gf car if it all went well,just seen one on the net for 95 quid wiv gravity spray gun.
considering it but still wudnt no where to get paint from can ne1 help me plz?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Your also paying for piece of mind, you might save a few quid to do it yourself but if you make a balls up your just gonna end up paying the full price if not more to get it sorted and looking proper! like i said though, not a massive area but its up to you and your spraying ability/confidence etc

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
If you are confident and make a good job, you could start charging other to try and cover your costs, but there's a lot of outlay to take a gamble with.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I got my cans from vauxhall, only when i went to them did i realise that theres actually 3 types of the particular colour i wanted, so that enabled me to get the exact colour, otherwise i would have bought some slightly off-colour paint from like halfords

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
nope, vx will sell your particular colour in tiny piss-ant cans not even worth buying, lol your garaunteed of the colour match though
with each tin of paint you get a tin of lacquer also, the pair come at a price of about 6 quid or so i think i managed to spray my entire spoiler with only about 2/3 cans worth
not particularly cheap but ideal for small jobs! i recommend getting it done professionally though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts