·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
605,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I'll be investing in a flip key very soon!! Would my standard key internals just go straight in?
Yes mate all internals go straight in to the flip key I do inc a conversion guide to help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Treat yourself time, DR. Flick key is pretty cool and Holden Lion to boot. You have the squiggly-bar key rather than the jaggedy-blade type, don't you? I know both work just the same on the button but the smooth bar looks the biz. If you're like me with the Malaga hire cars, you'll be finding excuses to use it.

I remember a Pug vid 2yrs ago and figured there were Vx ones by now. Savage Garage did one but it's similar-but-not-exactly-same Astra (and skip to 1:10 because his rant about deliveries will annoy you, DR)

There is a Corsa vid (please, I hope it's not a member here) but... well, you'll see for yourself
I don't think it's a parody, but I found it funny in the same way as sticking chopsticks into both eyes and ears does.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've seen James' key video. I actually honest to god don't know why I haven't got one already, I replaced my original casing with a new but identical one as the button was basically a hole, a £1 china job which is actually really decent but I'd love to fold it away like my audi keys!!

And yes, mine's the later blade. Pugh125k I shall message you after next weekend to sort something out, this week is car insurance week!!

Shame I can't get a complete programmed key without sending you mine (that'd be better!), as I only have the one key!

·
605,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've seen James' key video. I actually honest to god don't know why I haven't got one already, I replaced my original casing with a new but identical one as the button was basically a hole, a £1 china job which is actually really decent but I'd love to fold it away like my audi keys!!

And yes, mine's the later blade. Pugh125k I shall message you after next weekend to sort something out, this week is car insurance week!!

Shame I can't get a complete programmed key without sending you mine (that'd be better!), as I only have the one key!
if you have op-com i have a pdf programming guide i can send you with a full key

a full key will be more expensive tho but yes pm me & we will sort something out

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't have opcom, apart from key programming I've never needed one, but I've also managed near 3 years on just one key and only plan on keeping the car for two more years maximum.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Before I joined the forum, I bought a virgin key from Wigan and a locksmith in Warrington did the programming. Standard hefty price of £60 but I could have as many done in one go so I had two keys done to make it worthwhile. Marks152 is Merseyside and he's definitely capable of it and would probably ask for less than that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts