Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I've been having this problem for quiet some time now and with being a tight ass I've ignored and ignored it. At first I thought it was a bad starter or a bad battery. I've looked into it a little more and think it's some sort of heat soak. In the morning she fires up first try no questions asked, if I go out for a little bit in the car then leave it sat, when I get back to the car and try to crank It all I hear is 1 click or a slow starter that sounds like it wants to start. If it is a heat soak problem can anyone recommend any home fixes ? Any help at all would be amazing

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
90 Posts
Have you checked the live feed to starter. Not solenoid. Check it from starter to alternator and to battery. Also check the earth wire connected to one of the bolts on clutch housing. Also check that the terminals on the battery are tight. Most problems start with these main feeds. Other is the starter motor brushes wearing out. Then you need another starter motor. Could be a failing solenoid but usually if this would stop working all together or stick. But either way would need to replace starter motor.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sometimes it takes porqeria and does not move well at all, with the engine on give the starter a few touches of the key, when trying to couple it will be fired by the engine at high speed and it helps you to expel the dirt that the engine shaft could take starter, two or three is enough

1 - 3 of 3 Posts