Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive had the car nearly 2 years now and had this problem since the day i got it but always just ignored it..

when i go to start the car and turn the ignition to third click where all the lights on the dash come on if the light with the car with the spanner coming out the top of it ( not the engine management one ) is flashign then i have to turn the key off and then back to the third click and wait for the light to stay on whole and not flash..

if i try starting it with the light flashing the engine turns over it just wont fire up.. never had a problem with the car actually starting when the light has stayed on though ( normally stays on on the second or third attempt but can sometimes take over 10 attempts of turning key on and off to get it to stay on)

always thought it would be ECU or immobaliser problem which i thought would be £££ so never wanted to persue it aslong as i didnt have a problem but now the time has come haha..

hope someone can help me out with this strange one!

thanks. Darin.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That's the immobiliser kicking in.
Could be your key - have you tried another key?
Also, the clocks on the Corsa have been known to cause problems and the car won't start.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That's the immobiliser kicking in.
Could be your key - have you tried another key?
Also, the clocks on the Corsa have been known to cause problems and the car won't start.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i only have the one key.. how would i test it otherwise?
how would i check to see if it was the clocks ?
thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts