Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, after a bit of advice please. My sons corsa sxi 1.2 2006, was running fine. He parked it up for around two weeks and went to start it but had a flat battery. Charged it up and initially ran fine until he turned it off and locked it. Now when you go to start it, it fires then cuts out. The fault codes stored are bcm module incorrect vehicle id P1615 and P1616, it also has multi function v bus, reset counter overrun v bus, and no communication with ECM and ABS. The BCM is dry and there is no oil in the ECM from a previous oil pressure switch failure, the cluster also has no loose wiring/connection, I have also measured voltage drop on the ECM body which is all fine. My personal thoughts are that the BCM has lost its programming/vin Id and is bringing down the bus network by not being allowed to communicate but would not make sense why it intermittently has started, that being said I have no wiring diagrams to work out the bus configuration. I could fit a complete ecu kit, but I am unable to find one containing a bcm with Id code FG, I am not sure of compatibility with different codes but I think there are 3 variants depending on equipment?
The one thing I have noticed when the vehicle does rarely start (only on 2 occasions), is that the abs and battery light stay on (presumably because the bus message is not coming from the ABS and ECM?). There is also no oil pressure or spanner light, yet these will light up with component activation. There is also a fault stored for incorrect coolant temp.
I have no Opcom, but do have access to a solus. I would program the vin back in but need the security pass code and going by Vauxhall’s prices it would nearly be the same as a complete Ecu kit! Thanks in advance for replies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Liviu2004, I can measure voltages etc. It maybe easier for me to buy the complete ecu kit, however the bcm ident letters are my main concern of getting the correct one for equipment fitted? I would get the security code and program the vin in the bcm but again, this is almost the same as buying a complete kit 🥴

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mate, wiring diagrams would help me. I will be able to find my way round then. If I had the security code I would try and program the vin back into the bcm

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Lets clear some bad statements here.

BCM has lost its programming/vin Id and is bringing down the bus network by not being allowed to communicate
False
try and program the vin back into the bcm
Having a VIN in BCM makes no difference for engine start nor immo check

Lets get started. This car has an issue with CAN comm between: ECU - ABS - BCM - IPC (dash). BCM acts as a gateway, different bus speeds. I assume manual gearbox.
This is the plug of the ABS, contact off, wait 2 min, get ABS plug off, measure resistance between pins 15 and 26. Don't enlarge the pins, pick the right tools or measure from behind.
120 ohms. If you don't have this, time to measure continuity to BCM, or BCM itself.

ABS has another set of pins towards ECU. Just for the fun, measure continuity, at the ABS pump itself, continuity between these pins: Measure at ABS plug, 120 ohms between pins 14, 25.

Report back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Liviu2004, thanks for the info. I can only assume without any technical documentation on the vehicle regarding the vin and also was hoping it could of been that, wishful thinking!
I take it that there are some terminating resistors in the ABS and BCM? Can I just ask what the voltages are meant to be on the bus? I’m used to 2.4v and 2.6v on what I work on. I would also be interested to look at a schematic of the bus network just for my own interest?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Terminating 120 ohms resistors are in engine ecu and bcm for hscan and bcm and ipc for lscan. Standard canbus physical interface including voltages as you say.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Top man thank you, I will measure them when it isn’t hammering down outside. It’s strange on Vauxhall’s how all the control units on this system are still communicating with solus if there is a bus issue.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Diag is on kline. For each module except radio and radio display. On this car, canbus is exclusive internal use only. You don’t get hscan and lscan in diagport.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got to look at the motor. After all the info provided I managed to do some in-depth testing. There was a wire tucked nicely away in the conduit near the engine lifting eye. It must of had the smallest of pin pricks in it, that allowed oxidisation to occur and build up a very high resistance. Thanks Liviu2004. Thought I would give your forum some feedback. 👍🏻

1 - 16 of 16 Posts